Solution Architect - Central Communities
Solution Architect - Central Communities
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00352
- Closing Date: 16 May 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re looking for a highly motivated Architect to join our Architecture Centre of Excellence (CoE) and work with us to guide Nationwide’s Finance business domain in realising their strategic outcomes and goals through IT change and innovation.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
As an architect working within Nationwide’s Architecture Centre of Excellence (CoE), you’ll be part of a highly skilled team responsible for defining the future state for our Finance business domain, which is part of Nationwide’s Central Communities.
There may be occasions where you will be required to support other functions within Central Communities i.e.HR, Financial Crime Prevention and Marketing.
- Working with the Senior Architects to provide oversight of the architectural estate and giving guidance to initiatives and projects
- Stakeholder engagement to understand business drivers and outcomes and consider these in terms of IT impacts
- Engagement with the business transformation community and key business stakeholders to define the approach to solution architecture and solution traceability in project start-up / initiation for key strategic and regulatory change projects
- Contribute to Nationwide’s asset library for the whole IT landscape.
- Provide solution architect input, support and challenge to the creation of Target Enterprise Architecture and roadmaps
- Oversight on strategic investment projects and programmes, covering sign-off, traceability and act as point of escalation to ensure requirements and designs align to the solution architecture and long-term design principles
- Responsible for point architecture practice activity as required by the leadership team
- Provide the right balance of solution architecture (content/quality) with project delivery objectives (time/cost/resource) to ensure the delivery of pragmatic solutions. Draw on the capabilities delivered in other programmes and projects to provide ROI and speed to market efficiencies
- Accountability to communicate and exercise the Architecture Assurance process on projects to ensure compliance with the defined Architecture Governance Frameworks
- Lead/contribute to project and programme design authorities, managing dependencies and presenting solutions to the appropriate governance boards.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent business experience)
- Domain experience in Finance business functions
- Experience in the consumption of cloud services; primarily Software as a Service (SaaS) with a good knowledge of the implications of running a capability in the cloud.
- Proven background in organisational, systems, business process; and multi-disciplinary and cross-functional change.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to think creatively
- Experience of building stakeholder relationships
- An articulate verbal and written communicator, able to translate complexity into robust business reasoning
- A self-starting attitude with the ability to work unguided
- Strong ability and interest to research and quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities and benefit of new technologies and solutions
- Experience of both agile and waterfall delivery frameworks
It would be nice if you also had:
- A good working knowledge of new technologies. (e.g. AI/Machine Learning, NoSQL, rapid PoC)
- Financial Statutory and Regulatory reporting e.g. Basel and IFRS
- Domain experience in Treasury business functions
- Domain experience in HR business functions
The extras you’ll get
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application