Cloud Platform Engineer
Cloud Platform Engineer
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00375
- Closing Date: 04 July 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Part of Nationwide’s exciting and growing team of Cloud Platform engineers, you’ll have a SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) mindset with the ability to act like a Developer and think like a Systems Operator.
We invest in our people to ensure we create multi-functional engineers and retain the skills within the organisation. Our engineers are responsible for the delivery of Cloud technical solutions for assigned missions alongside providing consultancy and support services as required.
As part of the Cloud Engineering team, we are looking for talented people to help us achieve our goals.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
As a core member of the team responsible for the reliability, availability, security and performance of our cloud platforms and services that underpin Nationwide. You will build skills in order to:
- Take the charge in building and managing scalable, self-healing, globally distributed cloud platforms.
- Collaborate with architecture, security, engineering teams and the wider Engineering Centre of Excellence to set up best in class cloud platforms and subsequently provide guidance on their consumption.
- Work with our consumers in the development and feature teams to ensure the reliability of service for missions.
- Proactively seek opportunities to drive efficiency, automation, and cost reduction by automating manual and repetitive tasks.
- Develop features and codified artefacts for platform improvements leveraging automation and infrastructure as code.
- Lead architectural & design with regards to the operational reliability of NBS cloud platforms.
Engineers with a positive mindset to develop skills for cloud-based technologies and have an understanding of Cloud Fundamentals.
You will have transferable skills to become a Cloud Platform Engineer using Infrastructure as Code and automated scripts via CI/CD pipelines.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application