Security Consultant, Cloud Access Management
Security Consultant, Cloud Access Management
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00428
- Closing Date: 26 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
This role is an exciting opportunity to have real input into the development of Nationwide’s Access Management Processes for Cloud Solutions. We’ve looking for an ambitious, energetic, and experienced cyber security professional with a proven track record of working within the Financial Services sector with cloud technologies to implement secure Access Management.
You'll excel when working in fast paced environments where you are responsible for maintaining high standards of operational output. You’ll also be an advocate of Access Management and its value and be passionate about it having a positive impact on operations and the business.
You'll have a strong technical understanding of both public cloud and Access Management solutions used in a large commercial organisation, along with the technical know how to improve and grow the service. You’ll also be experienced in communicating your assessments to an audience across multiple levels and departments, as well as working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
We work closely with IT and the wider business, as well as our partners and you will be central in managing, engaging and developing these relationships. As our technologies are constantly evolving, experience of delivering change and continual improvement will be key to the role.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
As a Security Consultant for Cloud Access Management you will play a pivotal role in the operation and control of Access Management in Nationwide’s Cloud environment. Working across both the Cloud and Access Management teams to ensure that security is at the front of all cloud solutions.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting the delivery of Nationwide Group Cloud Access Management offerings.
- Working with our Cloud Technology function to unify the cloud and on-prem worlds to ensure a consistent identity experience whilst meeting our security standards and risk appetite..
- Ensure appropriate tooling and automation is implemented in line with Security controls and internal and external standards.
- Assessment for Security identity controls against compliance requirements for cloud environments.
- Have the ability to be agile in a fast moving and changing environment.
- Acting as a consultant to both strategic and tactical activities to supporting Security Managers in team management responsibilities, your expert opinion on cloud and access management issues to ensure appropriate and effective management of risks within Nationwide’s risk appetite, will be crucial.
- You will input into continual improvement activities and participate in delivering initiatives to improve processes and controls of an Access Management team including awareness of emerging problems, trends and risks and recommend the appropriate mitigation actions where possible.
- Experience in sharing and designing top to bottom cloud identity solutions for Access Management
- Experience in Security Governance and sharing of standards, and the patterns for use in the cloud environment
- Detailed knowledge of Access Controls including the tools, techniques (such as role based access) and procedures used
- Experience of Information/IT Security
- Knowledge of cloud specific security challenges, design, solutions and tooling
- Knowledge of IAM Solution and products, SailPoint IdentityIQ preferable
- Detailed understanding of identity governance and administration
- Experience of working with Active Directory and/or Azure AD
- Cloud Security certifications and understanding of industry best practice
- Awareness of Privileged Access Management principles
- An aptitude and interest for future innovations & technologies as well a willingness to continually learn and nurture those around you
- Resilience and a highly motivated self-starter who relishes a challenge
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels
- Line Management experience
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.