Software Engineer (C#.Net, Core)
Software Engineer (C#.Net, Core)
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00455
- Closing Date: 01 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Working within The Mortgage Works, the “buy to let” Specialist Lender of Nationwide Building Society, we are looking for someone to join a team of cross functional team of engineers that will design, build and support new digital journeys, hosted in the Cloud.
We aim to utilise the latest technology and techniques to build re-usable, user-driven and scalable platforms and solutions that provide an outstanding experience to our customers. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team, working in a flexible and relaxed environment.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
Harnessing your experience of modern Engineering techniques and technologies, you’ll take on a frontline role delivering first-class solutions in an agile environment. As well as building our new solutions, you will be involved in enhancing and modernising our existing estate.
As a team player, you’ll drive continuous improvements and promoting best practice through your actions and behaviours. You’ll also nurture and develop contacts and relationships to enable things to be done faster and more efficiently. You won’t be afraid to have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
If you have most of the following skills or experience, then we want to hear from you:
- Designing and developing full stack solutions, using the Microsoft stack (C#.Net, Core, SQL Server etc)
- Developing containerised solutions, using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Creating automated unit tests, and techniques such as dependency injection and mocking
- DevOps / CICD automation and tooling (e.g. Jenkins).
It would also be advantageous if you have experience if:
- Test automation tooling (e.g. Selenium and Fortify)
- “Infrastructure-As-Code” processes, practices and tooling (e.g. Terraform and Ansible).
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.