Software Engineer (C#.Net, Core)
Software Engineer (C#.Net, Core)
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00455
- Closing Date: 25 June 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
You will be accountable for the speed of delivery and its reliability, taking a frontline role building and supporting the DevOps and Cloud journey Nationwide is on. This will include technical expertise during the design, build, test and support of a platform that supports the “Buy-to-Let / TMW” business area and working with the most up-to-date technologies to deliver real change. For an agile-minded Senior Engineer, it’s a great opportunity to help define the Cloud and DevOps capability within TMW.
We’re following the lead of some of the world’s biggest tech companies in solving the huge complexities of massive-scale, user-driven systems. We’re embarking on a new chapter in our architectural thinking focused around event streams and event-driven architectures. It involves utilising the latest technology and techniques to build new re-usable, scalable platforms that provide an outstanding experience to our members.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
Harnessing your experience of modern Engineering technologies, you’ll take on a frontline role. This will entail designing, building and automating highly scalable systems, and working with the most up-to-date technologies to deliver real change. You’ll be helping to deliver a new Cloud hosted mortgage application channel for our business, as well as enhancing our existing systems and helping modernise our existing legacy estate.
As a team player, you’ll use your experience of delivering first-class solutions in an agile environment by driving continuous improvements and promoting best practice through your actions and behaviours. You’ll also nurture and develop contacts and relationships to enable things to be done faster and more efficiently. Essentially, it’s about getting stuck in and having a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
If you have any of the following skills or experience, then we want to hear from you:
- Experience of working in high-performing teams, delivering innovative technical solutions.
- Experience in quality checking the work of peers and less experienced Engineers.
- Experience of developing containerised solutions
- Has experience of both designing and developing full stack solutions
- Has worked across the Microsoft technology stack (C#.Net, Core, SQL Server etc)
- Has experience of developing modern responsive web applications, with hands on experience of a range of different frameworks and tools, e.g. Bootstrap, React / Vue / Angular, Next, TypeScript etc)
- Has experience of using containerisation technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Has experience and understanding of DevOps automation, and associated tooling (e.g. Jenkins, as Nexus/Artifactory, Selenium, Fortify and Kibana).
- Is familiar with “Infrastructure-As-Code” processes, practices and tooling (e.g. Terraform and Ansible)
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.