Solution Architect - Windows Desktop
Solution Architect - Windows Desktop
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00477
- Closing Date: 30 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Providing our colleagues with the right modern technology experience is key to enabling them to help our members. As a part of this the Society has migrated its main PC estate to Windows 10 and enabled collaboration across Microsoft Windows, Apple Macs, and mobile devices using Microsoft Office 365.
As we continue to adapt and respond to both new ways of working and the continued technical evolution of our vendors’ roadmaps, we now need a Solution Architect to work as a part of the team that is continuing to develop and deploy end user technologies within the Society.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working as a part of an agile delivery team to ensure that, in the fast moving and high change area of end user technology, the Society can keep this key environment current and supported. This will include identifying the impact on the Technology for Colleagues environment of vendor roadmaps and industry trends to ensure that the IT strategy and architecture continues to support our colleagues’ needs, as well as ensuring solution integrity throughout the delivery and change lifecycles.
You will lead the end-to-end architecture for a variety of products, including Windows 10, Office 365 and Apple products, on behalf of the Architecture function and act as a part of a design authority to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, implementable, complete, and meet the current and future needs of the business.
You will work closely with other Architects within the Technology for Colleagues team, as well as Architects and Engineers in other areas of the business, to understand and deliver the agreed strategic outcomes for the Society’s Solution Architecture.
Working with Senior Architects you will help to deliver and maintain the IT strategy and architecture for the Technology for Colleagues Service, and provide education, advice and guidance to internal resources and to 3rd party suppliers to support a high cadence and evergreen End User environment.
From time to time, you may also work on other areas within the Technology for Colleagues environment such as Active Directory and Citrix platforms.
You will need to exhibit strong flexibility in ways of working where the architecture may need to evolve alongside delivery.
As a minimum requirement you will:
- have applied experience of Solution Architecture within a Tier 1 financial services organisation or similar large organisation
- have a proven track record of implementing large 10,000 user+ Windows 10 and Office 365 environments (including all the main Office 365 applications such as Exchange, Teams, and SharePoint)
- have experience of prioritising and responding to business and technology strategies
- be an excellent verbal and written communicator with a proven track record of senior stakeholder engagement, influencing both business and technical stakeholders
- have experience of developing and implementing architectural roadmaps
- be able to work closely with non-technical stakeholders to support the shaping and creation of requirements and designs; and have the ability to communicate technical issues and constraints to non-technical colleagues.
It would be nice if you also had:
- experience of Apple products including iOS and Macs in an enterprise setting
- experience of virtual environments such as Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- experience of modern device management tools such as Microsoft Intune
- experience of Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD
- have experience of Agile methodologies especially developing architecture in agile environments
The extras you’ll get
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.