Senior Product Owner - Future Legendary Service
Senior Product Owner - Future Legendary Service
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00483
- Closing Date: 23 June 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Operating at the intersection of business, technology and experience – you will define, develop and prioritise the delivery of peer-leading servicing journeys. Leading on one of our servicing journeys of Assisted Service, Self Service or Personalised service or you will understand the needs of our target market and use your strong commercial background to develop reusable components that can be skilfully crafter together to make seamless customer journeys that can be deployed across our digital and physical estates – all whilst ensuring we meet our regulatory compliance obligations, our trading objectives and maintain a focus on the delivery of fair customer outcomes.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
We pride ourselves on delivering the best service for our members, with our App scoring 4.8 stars in the Apple AppStore, and being used by members 20 million times per week. But the App is only one part of our proposition - every month we see 15.2 million visits to our website, our members make a payment or transaction on our digital services 18.3 million times each month, and innovative new propositions such as our chatbot Arti provide vital services to our members.
Whilst we have great success so far, we obsess about our members and their experience across digital channels and need to respond faster than ever. We are on a hugely exciting journey to deliver legendary service for our members across our digital estate, to create an open digital platform to accelerate progress and to become the best place to work for digital talent. This is all designed to ensure we meet our member’s needs not just for today but ensure we’re ready for their needs of tomorrow too.
We’re building our Digital Community with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
The Senior Product Owner within the Future of Legendary Service will make critical prioritisation decisions about the design, build and running of some of the Societies core servicing journeys for the Society.
You’ll be accountable for ensuring the ongoing alignment of the outcomes your team is delivering to the Mission Blueprint and the Society Strategy, balancing business outcomes, delivery priorities and the development of new technical capabilities with capacity and cost. You’ll lead a cross-functional team of experts from a wide range of disciplines, shaping OKR’s to ensure a framework for the assessment of progress and value release, whilst nurturing a culture of accountable freedom and continuous improvement.
What you’ll be doing
- Defining the research required to understand customer needs and to test design hypothesise
- Writing OKR’s that establish a framework for defining the Objectives to be delivered and the way we will be able to measure their achievement
- Collaborate with the CPO and Mission Leaders to ensure these prioritised OKR’s reflect current priorities and provide the best opportunity to release as much value as possible as quickly as possible
- Inspiring a cross-functional team of Business Designers, Engineers and Delivery professionals to problem solve in order to find the optimum solutions to business problems
- Partner with design, product engineer and delivery teams to ensure deliverables are defined properly with appropriate acceptance criteria to ensure final products are of the right quality
- Work in close collaborations with controls functions to ensure their requirements are understood and are met through solutions proposed and that controls are in place to continually ensure adherence to these requirements
- Constantly prioritising a mixed backlog of work that will include new feature development, iterative improvement to live journeys to ensure our trading objectives are met, the management of an optimum level of technical debt and of course the preservation of our service availability standards
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise on how change will be implemented into our front-line channels
- Manage and publish a roadmap to ensure Stakeholders are informed
- Anticipate problems before they occur; identify possible causes and work with the team to identify, select and implement the most appropriate solution
- Play an active part in your broader team, working with and supporting others to be the best they can be.
As a minimum requirement, we'll need you to..
- Be member-focussed, with an ability to put yourself in the member’s shoes
- Have a strong commercial background and ability to assess different forms of value and make sound business decisions
- Have strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to advise, prioritise and measure success
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be a good communicator and influencer to Director level
- Possess advanced relationship management and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to provide constructive advice and challenge to senior stakeholders
- Have significant experience of leading teams towards stretching objectives
- Evidence a sound understanding of Customer Outcomes and how you have used consideration of outcomes in decision making
- Experience of initiating and sustaining collaborate ways of working between technical, governance, business and consultancy teams
- Be a self-starter with proven ability to take on and exceed targets consistently and to take ownership for results.
- Experienced in SaFe, Scrum or Kanban and hold an understanding of Service Design.
- Experienced in delivering market leading digital solutions to member experience needs, with tangible results.
- Experience in Mobile banking, Chat, CRM tooling or authentication solutions favourable.
- Prior experience of owning & maintaining a backlog of change and working in an agile environment.
You will operate at the intersection of Technology, Business and UX. You will need to be experienced in at least one, passionate about all three, and conversant with practitioners in all.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday
- Individual healthcare cover
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application