Senior Test Engineer - C#
Senior Test Engineer - C#
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00493
- Closing Date: 12 December 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re following the lead of some of the world’s biggest tech companies in solving the huge complexities of massive-scale, user-driven systems. We’re embarking on a new chapter in our architectural thinking focused around event streams and event-driven architectures. It involves utilising the latest technology and techniques to build new re-usable, scalable platforms that provide an outstanding experience to our members.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for someone to join a team of engineers that support, design and develop mortgage systems for The Mortgage Works, the “buy to let” Specialist Lender of Nationwide Building Society.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional agile team, working in a flexible and relaxed environment. The team work on a mixture of new and legacy applications, and we are looking for someone to use their testing experience to drive continuous improvement and best practice in how we test our applications.
You should be someone who wants to learn from colleagues, be self-sufficient, be confident to share knowledge and coach others. We expect you to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed.
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong testing experience.
- C# Coding experience
- Good understanding of different development methodologies.
- Functional and Non-functional testing (security, performance, accessibility etc)
- Experience of testing different types of application and components (Web applications, Windows applications and APIs)
- Experience of testing tools and automation such as Selenium (using C# coding language), SOAP UI/Ready API, UFT, Saucelabs, Browserstack, ARD, JIRA, TFS, GIT, Specflow and Cucumber
- Understanding of exploratory testing techniques.
- The ability to lead other engineers on test approach, coverage and execution
- The ability to guide and mentor other engineers on testing techniques and best practice.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
It would be great if you had any of the following:
- Experience and understanding of the mortgages / finance industry
- Experience of DevOps processes including CI / CD techniques and associated toolsets (e.g. Jenkins Cucumber etc.).
- An appropriate test qualification(s). E.g. ITSQB
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Nationwide is committed to the redeployment of our employees impacted by change, as such applications for redeployment candidates will be prioritised in this recruitment process.