Senior Data Governance Consultant
Senior Data Governance Consultant
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00539
- Closing Date: 31 July 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data is the enabler underpinning all our Cornerstones and is fundamental in helping us build society, nationwide. With heightened board support for the effective management for society data, in addition to growing regulatory requirements and member expectations, it is fundamental that the Society approach for how data is effectively managed is critical
With all of the Society’s cornerstones enabled and underpinned by data, it is hugely important that we protect it and glean value from its use to drive better decisions for our members. Ultimately this will increase the trust our members have in us, thereby underpinning our future success.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senor Data Governance Consultant, you'll be:
- Championing a society wide data culture to safeguard our data, drive more effective decision making, protect member outcomes and ensure regulatory compliance. Embed and maintain governance policies and standards, working with business leaders to identify areas of non-compliance, and driving activity to improve the Society’s overall data maturity position and maximise benefit for our members
- Defining intended policy outcomes, and providing expert counsel to stakeholders to ensure their understanding of expectations and their accountabilities with regards to adherence across change and BAU activities. Working collaboratively across Data and Analytics teams, to monitor adherence to the Policy and Standards and to embed best practice with key stakeholders and business areas
Ownership and effective delivery of Governance fora, ensuring visibility of our data maturity position, level of data risk exposure, and progress against data quality improvement plans. You'll lead a team of data experts, support their development and ensure they deliver and effective service Society wide that drives business value
A leader and subject matter expert in data governance, with a proven track record in framework artefact (policy, standards and controls) authoring. A key strength in engaging and influencing stakeholders, and translating complex and technical elements into something that can be easily consumed and understood at a senior level.
You'll play a key role in driving the strategic and operational data governance agenda, driving updates to framework artefacts such as standards, maturity levels and the associated controls; promoting and facilitating self-service capabilities where appropriate. You'll work with senior leaders to agree capability maturity uplift for the data owned within their areas, reporting on progress, policy adherence, control effectiveness and impacts against the risk position through governance fora.
You will have:
- Business Knowledge – Good knowledge of the financial services industry and familiarity with financial regulation
- Data Management – Experience of Data Governance and controls including the following, data quality, metadata, master data, and embedding data governance activities into BAU, and wide scale roll out of risk and governance frameworks in large organisations
- Stakeholder Management – excellent communication and influencing skills, with a proven ability to translate technical concepts into business context for senior business leaders
- Data literacy - Knowledge of full range of data disciplines throughout the data lifecycle (from the point of creation, reporting and usage to deletion
- Technology - Experience of using or sound knowledge of data management technologies e.g. quality, lineage and metadata, risk management tooling
- Thought leadership – Experience of leading small teams (BAU and/or matrix), including the responsibility for career development and performance management
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.