Software Engineer - DevOps/Cloud
Software Engineer - DevOps/Cloud
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00558
- Closing Date: 20 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We are offering an exciting and flexible role, offering distinguished career development. We are happy to accommodate people that want to work flexibly and are happy to travel to the Swindon office infrequently. You will enjoy an excellent benefits package, a competitive salary and a permanent, full-time, and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion
In the ‘Home Hub’ where we are designing the mortgages of the future, starting with digital journeys with a set of modern technologies. You will be at the frontline, designing and developing systems used by millions every day, and sold to millions every day, via tv, billboards and online.
What you’ll be doing
Day-to-day you will be utilising your experience of delivering first-class solutions in an Agile environment. You will be involved in mentoring where needed and help to build our development process and strategies. You will drive continuous improvements and promote best practice in your team through your actions and behaviours. You will need drive to become an SME within the technologies and applications you are responsible for and own the relationship with those business areas. With the understanding of the end-to-end process from a technical perspective, you will work closely with the Technology Lead, helping to deliver solutions that meet their requirements.
We want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships, so things are done faster and more efficiently. We will expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
If you have some of the following skills, we are keen to hear from you.
- Good working knowledge of modern development practices and emerging technologies such as cloud-native architectures, DevOps engineering and container based continuous delivery, cloud automation and infrastructure-as-code.
- Working knowledge with public cloud such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with managing containerised services (built using .NET Core or other equivalent technologies), including container orchestration and pod networking
- Efficient and confident communicator
- Ability to study and quickly learn, putting into practice new methods, ways of working, tools, and technologies
- Experience of actively participating in software infrastructure design with exposure of DevOps practices, Site Reliability Engineering and Agile methodologies
Knowledge of the following tools and technologies would be desirable:
- MongoDB / RDS
- CDN /CloudFront
- Containers & provisioning, Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS hosted features (IAM, EC2, S3 Lambda, EKS, VPCs, Route53 etc)
- Git source control
- Linux/Bash experience
- Terraform or similar
- Jenkins / CloudBees
- Kibana / ElasticSearch
- EDA driven applications / Kafka
- Web browser automation testing
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.