- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00TR00688
- Closing Date: 26 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible and part-time working approaches for this role
The Data and Analytics Community exists to provide a broad range of data products to colleagues across the Society. We require a BI Specialist to join the Regulatory Reporting team to provide business engagement and specialist advice on FSCS and AGM activity, as part of that Community
As a member of our Business Intelligence Centre of Excellence during this 12-month fixed-term contract, you will be part of a community of practitioners whose collective role is to enhance value through data, and colleagues in this CoE will help you to grow your capability and skills. From a task perspective, you will be working in one of our Data Product teams, focussing on delivering shared outcomes that the Product Owner has prioritised, bringing your insight development skills as part of a multi-skilled team.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
You will be acting as part of the regulatory reporting team in supporting the AGM data requirements and the FSCS regulation ensuring full compliance with all relevant legislation.
Working closely with end users, you will act as a point of contact & subject matter expert, consult on change requests and participate on projects. This requires a collaborative and coordinated approach to ensure high quality solutions are delivered on time alongside colleagues from across the society.
Using your problem solving skills to identify issues and work these through to root-cause, whilst ensuring the required policy and process is adhered to.
We’re looking for candidates that have experience within an analysis environment, with experience in financial services or retail preferred.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Keen eye for detail and good analytical skills
- Strong time management, prioritisation and organisation skills.
- Proactive and able to take ownership for the delivery of change
- Excellent interpersonal skills including effective written and verbal communication and stakeholder management.
- Strong excel and MS office skills
- Experienced in using jira and confluence
Experience in the following is desirable, but not essential;
- AGM or FSCS processes and/or data landscape
- Experience/ understanding of regulatory reporting or compliance
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.