Operational Resilience Analyst
Operational Resilience Analyst
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00697
- Closing Date: 19 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
As an analyst within our Operational Resilience team you will help to implement and embed the Society’s Operational Resilience strategy, ensuring that we are compliant with new regulatory frameworks, meeting our members needs and truly ‘Built to Last’. You will create insights which inform understanding of the Society’s resilience position and influence decision making, through the completion of resilience assessments, development of meaningful reports and management of our resilience tooling and data. You will support the coordination of associated governance committees in meeting their terms of reference.
Operational Resilience is at the very heart of this, ensuring our key services are available when our members need them. It describes our ability to prevent, respond to, recover and learn from operational disruptions in order to maintain propositions and services to members.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
You will support the implementation and assurance of the Operational Resilience strategy, framework, management system and processes which enable the Society to understand, manage and improve its operational resilience position. Key role responsibilities include:
- Supporting the ongoing completion of the Business Continuity Supplier Due Diligence process as part of the Society’s Third-Party Risk Policy and controls
- Undertaking resilience analysis and quality assurance reviews to provide insight on potential vulnerabilities and control gaps
- Production of management information and reports which provide insight and influence management decision making and investment planning through the Society’s Operational Resilience Service Line assessment
- Supporting the ongoing completion of the Business Continuity Change Management Due Diligence process
- Supporting the completion of Operational Resilience assessments, reviews and tests to measure the Society’s operational resilience position
This analyst role sits within the Insight and Verification team of Operational Resilience, focused on assurance and assessment.
We are looking for talented and innovative individuals, with the confidence and passion required to help realise our Operational Resilience strategy and ambitious target state. To achieve this you will need to have:
- Experience in an Operational Resilience analyst role or related disciple, e.g. Business Continuity Management or IT Disaster Recovery;
- Understanding and experience of one or more of the following areas – governance and reporting; data management; risk and controls; assurance and testing reviews;
- Developed communication and influencing skills, with an ability to build strong working relationships;
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail, ensuring data and reports are insightful and can be relied on for decision making;
- Good planning and organisational skills, ensuring the timely delivery of complex and multi—stage activities;
- A proactive and positive approach, with the ability to self-motivate and see tasks through to completion;
- Experience in maintaining software tools for the Society, which will be used to support the delivery of the Operational Resilience strategy and framework.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.