- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £90,000 - £130,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00702
- Closing Date: 30 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
As part of a leadership team, the Engineering Manager defines the right capability roadmap that underpins the Society’s technical strategies.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to grow and develop out engineering talent and build inclusive, high performing multi-discipline teams.
Our Engineering Managers work is arranged around value streams, this role will support the CIO senior leadership team across Payments, Finance, HR (Central Communities) & Data & Analysts in providing the right capability, at the right cost underpinned by the right framework to deliver the strategic outcomes.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and influential senior IT leader with the passion for leading high performing large scale engineer teams
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Engineering Managers collaborate with Technology Leads, Delivery Leads and Product Owners to deliver Value Stream outcomes.
You’ll spend your time:
- Supporting, coaching and development high performing engineers through regular 1-1’s, continuous feedback and relationship with others
- Partnering with Technology Lead, Product Owner and Delivery Lead to build and deliver on product roadmaps, incrementally with high level of quality
- Contributing to management best practices: helping us become an exceptional place to work for talented highly motivated people that we hire
- Partnering with senior engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices
- Supporting your team in delivering high impact, high quality work that is built with the needs of the member in mind
- Owning the multimillion-pound test contracts, accountable for the commercial and performance targets for our test partners, with responsibility for the health of the contract.
- Leading the Test Community of Practice, accountable for testing frameworks and controls, driving continuous test improvements, tracking and reporting spend against budget, optimising and delivering year on year test efficiencies.
We need somebody who
- Has experience managing or mentoring the performance and development of high performing large scale engineer teams
- Knows what good looks like for a high performing team of engineer and know how to get there
- Has previously worked as a test engineer at a senior level, with experience of delivering test outcomes through leading a team of both permanent and partner resources.
- Believes in putting members at the heart of the work you do
- Has an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships
- Cares deeply about helping others achieve their goals and become the best engineers they can be
- Experience of setting a compelling vision and communicating it to stakeholders at all levels ranging from CIO, CTO, Chief Engineer, Head of Engineering.
The extras you’ll get
When you put a lot in, it’s only fair to expect a lot out. So, when you help us do the right thing for our Members, we want to reward you. As well as your salary, additional benefits include 30 days’ holiday (on top of bank holidays), a car allowance, a competitive pension or cash alternative, private healthcare, life assurance and the opportunity to participate in Sharing in Success, our Society-wide, all-employee variable pay plan. If that wasn’t enough, you could also tailor your reward package by taking advantage of a range of flexible benefits.
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too. If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.