Senior Architect - Investments and Protection
Senior Architect - Investments and Protection
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00711
- Closing Date: 05 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
As a senior architect, you will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, developing the vision, roadmaps and transition states to move from the current to the target architecture for the sales, servicing, operations and reporting of Nationwide’s Investment and Protection products. You will be engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders, vendors and partners, in addition to key strategic initiatives to provide oversight, direction and expertise, and to maintain alignment with the target architecture. And, you will occasionally be asked to oversee the work of more junior architects.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
The role that we’re recruiting for is within Homes and Dreams Mission which is at the core of our existence as a Society. We’re helping members have their own safe place and giving them support to focus on creating a home for them and their family, ensuring they are financially protected, saving for and investing in the future
The role / team impacts our members by supporting the delivery of the Strategy to develop our Investments propositions to be a member focussed propositions that centre on the Home and supports the broadening and deepening of relationships across key member segments.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work closely with team members across our ‘Homes and Dreams’ mission including Engineering, Operations, Product Management and other Architects in CTO, to ensure alignment of the Investment & Protection IT target architecture and roadmap, with the various business and technology strategies that those stakeholders represent.
You will be accountable within the Investment Protection IT roadmap for a few key business capabilities, and will lead architecture for those capabilities those across our various mortgage books of business. You will make sure that the enterprise guardrails for those capabilities can be adhered to within the target states that your roadmaps will deliver.
You will have experience in Enterprise and Solution architecture notably technology for sales and servicing of retail products in a Tier 1 UK financial services organisation, including the following:
- Integrating bespoke software, commercial off-the-shelf packages, Software as a Service, and other 3rd party services
- Leading market reviews and supplier / product selection processes
- Prioritising and responding to business and technology strategies and priorities
- Developing and implementing target state architectures and technology roadmaps
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of stakeholder engagement and influencing both business and technical stakeholders
- Applied experience of delivering architecture using ‘agile’ methodologies / practices
- Integrating white labelled technology solutions is desirable
- Knowledge of Investment and Protection propositions is preferrable but not essential
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
- Individual healthcare cover
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.