Host/Endpoint Security Domain - Security Solution Architect
Host/Endpoint Security Domain - Security Solution Architect
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00716
- Closing Date: 30 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
This opportunity is within the Enterprise Security Technology (EST) team, and part of the Architecture Centre of Excellence. EST have a challenging mandate to architect and assure the delivery and consumption of effective and pragmatic security controls as an enabler for innovative solutions across our hybrid on-premises and cloud IT environments. We want your expert guidance within Nationwide to cement our reputation for always being there when it matters, with services that our members can trust.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
The Endpoint/Host Domain - Security Solution Architect opportunity is within the Enterprise Security Technology (EST) team. EST have a challenging mandate to architect and assure the delivery and consumption of effective and pragmatic security controls as an enabler for innovative solutions across our hybrid on-premises and cloud IT environments. We want your expert guidance within Nationwide to cement our reputation for always being there when it matters, with services that our members can trust.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
A Security Solution Architect within EST offers a genuinely ever-changing day-to-day experience. Working closely with technology delivery teams you will help to identify and document the key actors and architectural threats to Nationwide solutions; and where security policy, standards and regulatory requirements apply, communicate in simple and actionable terms what compliance means.
In conjunction with Security and Resilience colleagues you will identify solutions that mitigate threats to within risk appetite and ensure that solution delivery is compliant with security policy, standards, and regulatory requirements.
You will be part of a team managing the EST technology controls framework ensuring a roadmap for maturity, coverage and effectiveness is maintained. Coherent, repeatable, and practically consumable advice is critical to our efficiency and success, and you will be part of a team responsible for the creation of knowledge artefacts that provide practical thought leadership to our architecture and engineering colleagues.
Candidates should exhibit significant prior experience in the following areas:
- Endpoint and Host Security Domain experience in the architecture, designing and engineering of scalable, supportable, and effective endpoint security controls capabilities from key industry suppliers (including anti-malware, EDR, device control, disk encryption, baseline configuration compliance etc.) within our colleague’s technology workspace covering workstations, mobile devices, servers, mainframes, and other endpoints.
- Threat Modelling experience using common industry techniques (such as ISF, Mitre, STRIDE, Attack Trees, PnG), and working with a recognised risk framework to evaluate severity and priority.
- Threat evaluation and documenting enterprise-level architectural solutions that mitigate, or offer a risk aligned roadmap to mitigation.
- Professional qualifications in endpoint/host security technologies and practices, with a passion for continual improvement (such as Microsoft, Cisco, McAfee, Qualys etc.).
- A strong understanding of infrastructure security architecture best practices, and of existing and emergent technologies and practices (such as Zero Trust Architecture, Software Defined Network and Automation, Well Architected Framework).
- Experience in working with and maintaining a security controls coverage and maturity framework (such as NIST CSF, ISO27001, CSA-CCF, MITRE).
- Evidence of working with security policy, standards, and security audit findings, and transforming them into clear and practical guidance and advice.
- A good general appreciation of enterprise-wide security threats, controls and principles including Cloud Security, Multi-factor authentication, SIEM, Identity and Access Management, Data Loss Prevention, Anti-malware, Email and Messaging security, CASB, Host Security, etc.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application. If it’s already been defined please provide an overview of the assessment process and a timeline of when assessments will be.