Senior Architect – Amazon Connect
Senior Architect – Amazon Connect
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00717
- Closing Date: 30 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
You’ll be joining the agile leadership team for our contact centre product. You will be responsible for the Society’s strategy & architecture for contact centre technology. Your focus will be on our mediated channels (voice, chat, and video), supporting the ambitions of the Society in its adoption of cloud services and delivering legendary member service.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
The Connecting Members team sits within the Shared Technology Platforms function ensuring that our contact centre solutions are cost effective, functionally rich and provide the performance, resilience & future scalability needed to support our colleagues and members.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
- Operate at various levels, including setting strategic technology direction, defining architectural patterns and standards, contributing to solution architecture, and ensuring good governance of architecture and design.
- Collaborate with current & potential vendors to ensure we understand their product capabilities & roadmap and fully exploit the Society’s investment in our contact centre solutions.
- You’ll collaborate with engineering, delivery & operational teams to ensure your guided by a deep understanding of their challenges and that the Society’s strategy & architecture are well understood.
- Work in an agile manner with workstreams and feature teams to provide guidance on product development to align with the technical solutions in place or iterate to cater for new features.
- Shape and develop the team to ensure that we are optimally positioned to deliver our vision.
You'll have deep technical knowledge and demonstrable experience across contact centre technology solutions including:
ACD, IVR, Recording, Interaction Analytics, Workforce Management, Voice Biometrics and Campaign Dialling
You'll also have knowledge of Amazon Web Services and Amazon Connect, WebRTC, Synchronous Chat and Video
Preferably you will also have recent experience of architecting contact centre solutions within public cloud hosting environments
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
- Individual healthcare cover
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up-to-date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.