Test Engineer - Mortgages
Test Engineer - Mortgages
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00753
- Closing Date: 30 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
The Mortgages team are looking for experienced Test Engineers to work within multi-skilled teams to help deliver a wide range of products and services for our colleagues and our members.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Working as a valuable member of the Test Engineering Community of Practice, and reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work within a team aligned to the Homes and Dreams Mission. You will focus on delivering change across our mortgage journeys; leading, challenging and informing the approach for testable solutions; and educating best practices in Testing and Quality.
We deal with a wide range of technologies and many varied applications, in a rapidly changing landscape, meaning flexibility, reliability, proactivity and great communication skills are key to the role.
You may be required to work on-call from time to time.
We are looking for someone with:
- Good understanding of development methodologies, specifically Agile related methods.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Understanding of test automation and exploratory testing techniques.
- A proactive, inquisitive nature – always looking for the long-term solution.
- Experience of tools such as Selenium, SOAP UI/Ready API, ARD, Jira and Confluence.
It would be great if you had any of the following:
- Experience of DevOps processes including CI / CD techniques and associated toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, Atlassian suite, Cucumber etc.).
- Coding experience in Java, C, Python or .Net.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.