Power Platform SME / Service Lead
Power Platform SME / Service Lead
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00755
- Closing Date: 27 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We have an opening for someone to act as one of the SME’s within the Office 365 team and be responsible for leading the development, evolution and roadmap management of Power Platform services. You will be accountable for the sustain running of Power Platforms services and a lead point of escalation for issues of support and platform governance and lead the Platforms introduction and adoption within the Society. This is a very unique opportunity to be able to help shape the use of Power Platform within an organisation as it grows its usage.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
You will sit within End User Services as part of our wider Resilience and Agility division You will sit in a team who will help define how the Power Platform is leveraged in the society and be critical in its adoption and value proposition. You will work with our Shared Technology Platform function to provide support and capability.
We work to ensure 20,000 people have the tools, devices, and capability to achieve the societies goals and drive member value. Unlocking citizen development is a key goal we want to achieve and this role plays an integral part to that journey.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Act as the lead subject matter expert in the Power Platform, being an expert in both designs, licensing and advising our community of makers on processes, governance and adoption. Managing the Power Platform evergreen service and triaging and planning for wave release changes. Optimising the platform performance, stability, capacity and security compliance including data loss prevention. Ensuring platform support is within risk appetite.
Act as the point of escalation for both in and out of hours for major platform incidents providing the overview and coordination across infrastructure if applicable, including out of hours if required. Resolving highly complex issues/ problems that are less clearly defined by working with other technical teams across the department to ensure that the wider issue is well understood and resolved coherently.
A large amount of low code development for governance automation within the platform leveraging the starter kit. Understating the toolkit components, experience in extending and customizing the starter kit. Hosting adoption training and “app in a day” new maker engagements and engagements with environment owners.
Monitoring usage of Power Platform and managing the Admin Centre and supporting Azure app monitor configurations for environment owners. Maintain and manage all customer facing information and knowledge bases for all Power Platform aspects. Building process and creating documentation to support the citizen development within the platform
Provides coaching of indirect reports including developing technical skills of less experienced members of their technical area.
Ad-hoc technical and solution design contribution
- Experience of managing stakeholders up to director level; including knowledge of influencing approaches, and techniques.
- A relevant intermediate or advance Microsoft Power Platform qualification (Solution Architect / Functional Consultant desirable) and 2+ years working with Power Platform, with 1 year+ around platform ownership and technical management
- An IT professional with significant experience in a 3rd line IT support role
- Have considerable experience in leading and contributing to a technical team, and the mentoring and training of technical staff.
- Have a significant and in-depth knowledge in multiple Microsoft 365 technologies (Office 365, Power Platform, SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange)
- Bachelor's degree in a computing or business related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- ITIL Foundation qualification or equivalent required.
- Experience in ServiceNow, Confluence, Jira and some Power-BI experience would be advantageous
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.