Cloud Platform Engineer - E3
Cloud Platform Engineer - E3
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00756
- Closing Date: 29 January 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Part of Nationwide’s exciting and growing team of Cloud Platform engineers, you’ll have a SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) mindset with the ability to act like a Developer and think like a Systems Operator. We invest in our people to ensure we create multi-functional engineers and retain the skills within the organisation.
What you’ll be doing
As a core member of the team responsible for the reliability, availability and performance of the cloud platforms and services that underpin Nationwide. You will:
- Lead & influence architectural decisions with regards to the operational reliability of our cloud platforms.
- Collaborate with other teams in Cloud Engineering and the wider Engineering organisation to set up best in class Cloud platforms.
- Take the charge in building and managing scalable, self-healing, globally distributed cloud platforms.
- Drive efficiency, automation, and cost reduction by automating manual and repetitive tasks.
- Develop features and codified artefacts for platform improvements leveraging automation and infrastructure as code.
- Provide technical expertise throughout all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Create and Adhere standards and provide governance to contribute to process improvement.
- Identify and escalate dependencies, risks and exceptions that will affect implementation of technical artefacts.
- Share knowledge with peers to contribute to the skills growth of knowledge within Nationwide Engineering.
Skilled Cloud Engineers that can demonstrate hands-on or non-Cloud transferable experience to support our 4C’s (Cloud, Containerisation, Code, CI/CD). This includes:
- Designing and implementing Cloud infrastructure & platforms (AWS or Azure) that scale.
- Designing and implementing platforms using OpenShift, EKS & AKS.
- CI/CD. Implementing automated build & deployment pipelines using tools like Jenkins. Experience with SCM (Git).
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tooling like Terraform, ARM, Ansible, Chef.
- Experience automating monitoring and alerting solutions to provide visibility into systems.
- Designing for reliability, security and other non-functional requirements such as Developer Experience (DX).
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application. If it’s already been defined please provide an overview of the assessment process and a timeline of when assessments will be.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.