- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00764
- Closing Date: 26 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re following the lead of some of the world’s biggest tech companies in solving the huge complexities of massive-scale, user-driven systems. So, we’re embarking on a new chapter in our architectural thinking focused around event streams and event-driven architectures. It involves utilising technologies such as NoSQL Databases and Microservices to build elastically scaling systems to provide an outstanding experience to our members.
- This opportunity offers flexibility to work part remote. There is a requirement to work from either the London Holborn office or Swindon HQ (post COVID restrictions).
- You may be required to work on call on the rare occasion.
What you’ll be doing
For us, it’s not just about having the right technical background, you need to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed. Your day-to-day work will involve developing and testing solutions in a highly collaborative environment and implementing them with your team.
That’s our mindset and our culture: we want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships, so things are done faster and more efficiently. We’ll expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
You’ll need proven experience of C# development and a background collaborating effectively across other technical delivery and support areas, providing expert advice, consultancy and direction. If you’ve had experience of the following, or similar, we’d like to hear from you.
- Experience coding in C# using Unit Test Frameworks. You will have an understand of the importance of security, scalability and capacity of the systems you work on.
- Experience developing data stores (either relational (SQL) or NOSQL)
- Building SOAP, WCF, REST and microservices.
- You will have the ability to document either high or low-level solutions
- Understanding complex problems, providing root cause analysis and identifying options for resolution.
- Strong stakeholder management & engagement skills
Nice to have
- Exposure to a CI/CD pipeline
- Process360 process workflow
- Marco4 - document storage and management
- .NET core and developing applications on AWS or Azure
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.