Pega Senior System Architect
Pega Senior System Architect
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00776
- Closing Date: 21 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
The Business Automation & Workflow team are charged with implementing PEGA as the strategic BPM tool of choice within the Society, looking to both replace legacy BPM platforms and enhance customer journeys: reducing SLAs for members, improving the roles of our front and back office colleagues and getting more work right first time.
What you’ll be doing
As a Pega Senior Systems Architect in Nationwide you will be at the centre of driving forward the Society’s technical strategy for PEGA. The candidate must have a strong background in supporting business systems and processes through use of Pega spanning multiple roles/departments. Strong emphasis will be placed upon communication with stakeholders, problem solving and time management.
You will support solutions which maximise business value to ensure they remain performant under business pressure, scale for future growth and deliver efficiently using industry standard DevOps techniques.
As a support engineer you’ll have responsibility to investigate, support and fix technical issues across all our Pega applications in line with agreed SLAs. You will need to communicate clearly and regularly with stakeholders to provide timely updates on investigation, progress and resolution.
- You will be able to manage your time and prioritise tasks effectively, effectively identifying important tasks or tasks which are dependencies for others
- You will have strong stakeholder management skills and be comfortable communicating with peers and across the business
- You’ve a track record of a proactive approach to troubleshooting and issue resolution
- You hold a PEGA Certified Senior System Architect certification
- Experience of working with RESTful services, and integration of other services with Pega
- Understanding and experience of Pega Diagnostic Cloud & Service Now
- Experience within a support role across multiple Pega applications and/or projects (v7.x and 8.x)
- Understanding of the layer cake approach to system design
- Knowledge of Pega’s role-based security model
- Agile / SCRUM experience
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.