Senior Business Analyst - Mortgages
Senior Business Analyst - Mortgages
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00783
- Closing Date: 24 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Designer to join our Homes and Dreams Mission within the Business Design Centre of Excellence (CoE).
The role is responsible for designing and delivering business solutions for Change initiatives within the team, to add value and achieve success. The successful candidate will help to shape the prioritisation and sequencing of specific Delivery activities in line with the Objective and Key Results (OKR’s) in support of the Strategic Priorities of the Business.
Nationwide Technology is part of the Resilience & Agility Community and brings together a single, end-to-end technology team to truly integrate the design and build of technology services, to power the society. Under the leadership of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Nationwide Technology provides technology change and run services for the Society, supporting Missions and Communities to deliver greater value to our customers and members.
The CoEs (Delivery, Business Design and Product Ownership) were established within Nationwide Technology under the Chief Performance Officer, who is part of the SLT. These CoE’s seek to establish a community of interested stakeholders, developing best practices, and providing best in class Business Design capabilities to deliver on behalf of Missions and Communities.
This role can be flexible in terms of both location and hours, however there is an expectation that the successful candidate will occasionally come into an administration centre location, for collaborative projects meetings. This will be on an ad-hoc basis and planned well in advance, to ensure any necessary arrangements can be made.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
As a Business Designer in this role you’ll be Leading a Team of BD’s, building, managing, and leading in relationships, effectively engaging with the Change team participants. You’ll be accountable for the scoping, planning and approach defining of initiatives, translating business content into relevant deliverables, providing analysis along the way to prompt successful completion of OKRs.
You’ll be using your own initiative in this role and be required to work with a pro-active mindset and an aim to identify, escalate and resolve issues/ risks. As a Business Designer, you’ll strive for continuous development in your work, identifying areas for improvement throughout the lifecycle of an initiative.
This Business Design role requires you to collaborate with Change makers and leaders across the other Change teams, as well as within across the Centre of Excellence, to understand and influence interlocks and dependencies.
With relevant experience under your belt, you’ll be using your business analysis or solution knowledge to identify solutions to achieve the best outcome, influencing business resolutions with confidence and innovation to achieve the best results.
We ask that you have:
- Considerable experience of working in a business analysis or solution design role, preferably within Retail Banking and more specifically Mortgages.
- An ability to build strong relationships, both internally and with third party suppliers, leveraging these to ensure a collaborative approach to change activities. Excellent insight in defining business requirements with the ability to analyse and problem-solve to determine solutions.
- Knowledge in business solution/analysis techniques, tools, and methods with a strong understanding of their purpose, fit and relevance when initiating developments.
- An understanding of and the ability to accommodate the needs of multi-disciplined teams, consisting of internal and external resources i.e third party suppliers and contractors.
- A strong understanding of business processes and how technology supports business change.
- Experience of leading a team across small- or large-scale initiatives, working with ambiguity and driving out clarity.
- A conceptual, lateral thinking strategy with the ability to translate strategic outcomes in to OKRs.
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience of delivering change through a variety of approaches including agile and waterfall.
- A professional qualification in Business Design, such as ISEB/BCS modules or diploma.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.