Senior Business Analyst - Cost Optimisation
Senior Business Analyst - Cost Optimisation
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00TR00796
- Closing Date: 27 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We are looking for a Business Designer (Business Analyst) to work within the Cost Optimisation Programme. This 6 month fixed term contract role will sit within The Moments That Matter Mission.
All Business Designers align to the Nationwide Business Design Centre of Excellence (CoE). The CoE provides Business Design capability that helps Missions and Communities deliver change that supports our Members and our Nationwide Mission.
Business Designers are central to achieving Nationwide Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) with accountability for the business architecture, analysis and design for major change initiatives.
The programme of work you will be working on aims to reduce the cost and inefficiencies that exist within the business and work with our suppliers to build strategic partnerships, including optimising the use of our partners and ultimately reducing costs and inefficiencies we encounter in the way we currently work.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Business Designers (BD) work throughout the lifecycle of an initiative, performing a range of activities to delivery towards the overall community objectives/ Objective Key Results (OKRs), whilst managing and maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders.
The Business Design CoE seeks to establish a community of diverse professionals, developing best practices and providing best in class Business Design capabilities through a compilation of business analysis and solution design equipped to deliver on behalf of Missions and Communities. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where a mix of talented people will strive to do their best work.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
As a Business Designer you’ll be working on a variety of initiatives from inception to completion alongside other Business Designers and Project Professionals. This involves you utilising tools and techniques to support, plan and manage initiatives to meet objectives and goals.
You’ll be using your own initiative in this role and required to work with a pro-active mindset and an aim to identify, escalate and resolve issues and risks. As a Business Designer you’ll strive for continuous development in your work, identifying areas for improvement throughout the lifecycle of an initiative with Nationwide Members experience taken into consideration.
Collaboration is vital in this role; working with a variety of stakeholders across the CoEs/ BAU Services means time management and clear communication are key attributes for you to possess.
As the role is based within a change initiative environment it will require you to make well thought out decisions and hold accountability for your methods, as there will not always be clearly defined direction. Therefore, we are looking for an individual who can think on their feet, demonstrate good problem-solving skills, and can work at pace.
We ask that you have:
- Experience of working within a Business Design role or similar (Business Analyst)
- Experience of working on Target Operating Models
- Excellent insight, analytical and problem-solving skills, and a deep knowledge of utilising a variety of approaches, tools and techniques with the ability to multitask
- The ability to understand technical discussions and issues and be able to relay this information back to the relevant stakeholders
- Confidence in creating communicative, trusted, and collaborative relationships with stakeholders across the Society
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to challenge and influence where required
- An understanding of business processes and how technology supports business change
- The ability to understand business requirements and translate content into meaningful solutions
Ideally you will have also have:
- Experience of working on large, complexed projects
- A good understanding benefits realisation
- Experience of delivering change through a variety of approaches including agile and waterfall
- Relevant professional qualification in Business Analysis disciplines such as ISEB modules/diploma
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.