Scheduling and Real-Time Planning Manager
Scheduling and Real-Time Planning Manager
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00798
- Closing Date: 20 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Capacity Planning & Performance team. You’ll be working as part of an energetic and progressive team that ensures Customer Operations is always correctly resourced to provide Legendary Service for our Members.
In this challenging and rewarding management role you will influence member experience and decisions that have real impact on the future direction of Nationwide’s Distribution Channels. Your ability to quickly see the trends and issues that data is showing will enable you to deliver insights that tell a story, guiding our planning and decision making.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
At Nationwide and especially in CPP, we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting into the P&O Senior manager, you will be responsible for leading a large team of analysts responsible for the end-to-end Scheduling and Real-Time management of our contact centres and branch support teams. Whether you’re making recommendations on the shift patterns required to meet member demand through the distribution of multiskilled contact centre staff, proactively analysing key performance and behavioural trends to make autonomous decisions, or even introducing new technology, you’ll be genuinely committed to delivering forward-thinking, data driven insights and recommendations, ensuring we are there for our members when they need us most.
You will be at the forefront of operational responses to incident management, working dynamically and symbiotically with stakeholders across the society to ensure our contact centres respond to market, member and even disaster recovery situations in the best manner possible.
You will also play a part in the future strategy of our contact centres and shaping the way we plan moving forward, working very closely with varied stakeholders across multiple forums. Working with multiple missions across the society, it’s an incredibly exciting and rewarding role.
For example, you are likely to be involved in
- Completing analysis used directly by senior management to influence contact centre strategy
- Telling the story of the analysis and bringing it to life for the wider business
- Making recommendations for future contact centre planning and performance, as well as overall business strategy
- Reviewing, modelling, and delivering new ways of working that enhances our colleagues work-life balance, whilst continuing to exceed member expectations
- Matching resource to demand and making sure we have the right people, in place to deliver on our promises to our members
- Supporting our branch network and central distribution teams
- Reacting and responding to real time events affecting the society and member demand
- Implementing and delivering new technology as part of wider society projects and initiatives
We’re looking for a motivated, proactive, and committed individual who thrives on problem solving. You will enjoy investigating and linking data together to tell a compelling story, supporting the strategy of our Distribution Channels, our colleagues, and importantly, our Members.
You’ll proactively and positively approach problems and help challenge the status-quo, getting to grips with complex data and turning it into actionable insight for stakeholders at all levels of the business.
You will thrive off self-motivated learning, to own and drive your personal development to make the most of progression opportunities.
You’ll have a passion for leadership and supporting others grow to continue to build a strong analytical team.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- Previous Workforce Management experience, or at least a strong understanding of contact centre planning within multi-channel contact centre environment
- Experience in handling incidents with the ability to ‘think on your feet’ to resolve issues at hand
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills – specifically:
- Excellent attention to detail, utilising data from multiple sources
- Experience of using Excel at an advanced level
- Clear and concise outputs, displayed and communicated with stakeholders in a confident manner
- Excellent Stakeholder Management, able to influence and develop strong relationships
- Experience in using both WFM and operations systems, understanding the role they play in the planning cycle e.g. Verint, CISCO, QStory, Calabrio, Amazon Connect, LivePerson
- Experience of innovation in previous roles
It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, particularly Operational functions
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holidays
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application. The first step of the assessment process for this role will be an SHL test to complete remotely.