Business Analyst - Payments
Business Analyst - Payments
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00806
- Closing Date: 22 September 2021
This is a unique opportunity to step into a dynamic start-up environment within Nationwide. The Future Platform Team are developing a cloud-native banking ecosystem to service a new range of customer needs. We believe we can lead the way to a quicker, leaner and more competitive Nationwide, so that we can continue to Build Society.
Now that we’ve launched our MVP, we’re busy developing the technical capability and product features that will enable new product increments, release value and maximise learning.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
As a Business Analyst, you’ll play a key role in developing our journeys, features and controls. Day to day, you will:
- Work alongside the Product Owner and the wider feature team to develop the Product Backlog
- Facilitate collaborative working sessions to gain input from a range of disciplines, including Design, Product and Engineering
- Specialise in creation and refinement of user stories with clear acceptance criteria to deliver value
- Develop a broad range of documentation including Service Blueprints and Sequence Diagrams to drive clarity and transparency of complex solutions
- Put the customer at the heart of new features, considering different approaches to maximise value
- Work in a fast-paced environment, where priorities change frequently
A Payments Business Analyst with a passion to deliver exceptional results. As a minimum requirement you will:
- Be excited by our vision for the Future Platform Team
- Be passionate about working with the latest cloud-based technologies and talented teams to deliver great outcomes
- Have strong agile product experience, using various methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Be an expert in payment capability, with experience of developing solutions across different schemes (i.e. BACS or Faster Payments)
- Have considerable experience of working with a business analysis or solution design role, preferably within financial services.
- Have knowledge in business solution/analysis techniques, tools, and methods with a strong understanding of their purpose, fit and relevance when initiating developments.
- Be an expert in the production and management of user stories.
- Have a strong understanding of member journeys and user experience / UI principles.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.