- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00807
- Closing Date: 22 September 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Want to get involved in data-related delivery challenges? Do you live and breathe Customer Data, Analytics, Personalisation or Data Models? Are you keeping yourself up to date with the latest data innovations and technologies?
If so, you should be part of Nationwide’s exciting and growing Data and Analytics team. As part of the Data & Analytics community and working within our Member Data Integrity & Data Services teams, we are looking for talented people with technical product owner experience.
Our data is at the heart of everything we do and is fundamental to the success of our material investment in technology for now and the future. The creation of a set of data product teams and supporting capabilities that can be harnessed and leveraged across the organisation is critical to achieving our strategy, underpinning our digital capability and allowing us to delight our members through improved experience and more personalised services.
What you’ll be doing
Working within the Data & Analytics community, you will be the owner of one of our Member Data platforms or services, taking accountability for your product from end-to-end, from setting the product vision through to developing the product and ensuring it runs in a resilient and performant way. You will be working with the latest technologies and driving our move to Cloud-based, real-time data services.
You will communicate effectively with your stakeholders to understand their business and technical objectives, enabling interpretation of their needs combined with your Product knowledge to define tangible outcomes.
You will define a strategy and roadmap for delivering your product, reflecting the interests of your customers and maximising the value that can be delivered.
You will guide your product team to ensure deliverables are defined properly with appropriate acceptance criteria and that final accepted products meet the required quality. The ‘what’ is needed will be defined clearly enough that ‘how’ to deliver it can be determined effectively.
You will develop strong working relationships with related business and technology teams across the organisation to understand and manage any dependencies and you will represent your product area to senior leadership as needed.
As a Product Owner, you'll have:
- A deep understanding of the product lifecycle and what it takes to deliver and support a product successfully.
- Strong experience performing the role of a Product Owner within an agile delivery environment.
- Experience of working within a regulated environment i.e. working within financial regulation would be ideal, but other highly regulated environments would be considered.
- A good understanding of infrastructure aspects, nuances relating to implementing Infrastructure as Code, automation, etc.
- Experience of working within a Cloud or Virtual Environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to nurture and lead a high performing multi-skilled team leveraging individual styles and preferences.
- Ability to think strategically and to balance the needs of ‘here & now’ vs delivery of longer-term, sustainable value
- Strong relationship management skills, including the ability to manage stakeholder expectations aligned to the Product Roadmap and to provide constructive challenge to senior stakeholders.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 30 days holiday
- Car allowance
- Individual healthcare cover
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.