- Location(s): The Post Building (London)
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00809
- Closing Date: 08 November 2021
We’re the Home Propositions team! A passionate group of just over 40 (and growing) experts across various disciplines, on a mission to improve the rental market.
We have a real sense of purpose – to improve the lives of renters and landlords by building digital products that help everyone. We support our products with a range of engagement activities with the Government and wider market.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join one of the Scrum Teams in Home Propositions. You will be responsible for the full cycle product design from product vision, user insights and business goals to Hi-Fi visual assets and eventually UX/UI that works for users and built according to our Design System.
Life has had a shake up recently, and how we work is changing to reflect that. We’re big supporters of flexibility, so for much of the week we’ll leave it up to you to decide where you choose to work. It could be amongst your home comforts, in your local coffee shop or at our fab new office in Holborn, Central London.
We like to hold sprint meetings one day a week at our London office. We’ve found these are most effective to do in one collaborative space together. If you live considerably further afield then we can chat about the best way to achieve this.
There’s a real start-up vibe in Home Propositions and our environment is collaborative and thriving. We’re a hard-working, friendly bunch from all backgrounds. There are regular virtual and physical socials - opportunities to unwind after busy days. We also love to come together to celebrate milestone events, product launches and other successes we have as a group.
We’re a small but very crucial part of Nationwide Building Society. This is a unique set up which provides us with the stability that many other start-ups lack.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Working in an agile way you will carry out research and rapidly iterate designs and functionality based on; what users need, behaviours you observe and data you analyse.
You constantly prioritise the leanest, quickest and most valuable way to overcome the challenges you encounter. And you believe that user experience is the responsibility of the entire team.
You will work closely with our Product Manager and collaborate with Engineers to achieve Sprint goals inside the team. You'll also work with our Product Design Lead and Marketing outside the team to make sure that UX is consistent and that our Design System is evolving.
We’re looking for someone with the following knowledge:
- Solid experience working as a product designer or UX/UI hybrid, in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- A keen eye for great visual design execution, but are also comfortable zooming out, seeing the bigger picture and connecting the dots to design cohesive experiences and solving real problems
- The ability to think at a high level and clearly articulate design decisions
- The ability to take ownership of design process and work as self-directed member of the development team
- Comfortable running workshops or leading remote collaboration sessions with cross-functional groups
- Care about the use of words in designing interfaces that they should always be purposeful and clear
- A portfolio showcasing product challenges and process through the delivery of design solutions
- A constant learner and passionate about sharing knowledge – you’ll always be growing both personally and with the team
- Comfortable to work with data insights and always measuring the success of design solutions
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 Days Holiday
Why work at Nationwide
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.