Infrastructure Design Lead
Infrastructure Design Lead
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00814
- Closing Date: 21 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to lead a team of engineers that design, implement and support data management systems used by our Data and Analytics community. The role will involve managing engineers with software, test, infrastructure backgrounds, as well providing infrastructure design expertise to the team.
What you’ll be doing
You will work alongside several cross-functional agile teams who are responsible for the build and run of new and existing applications. We are looking for someone who can coach engineers, encouraging the right behaviours in skilled technologists – managing them for career growth and success.
You should be someone who wants to learn from colleagues, be self-sufficient, be confident to share knowledge and coach others. We expect you to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed.
You also be expected to lead on infrastructure designs for our future data management platforms either in the cloud or on-premise.
As a minimum requirement you will have:
- Proven experience of motivating and challenging people to achieve their potential and fulfil their development goals (technical and non-technical)
- Be adept at building excellent working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders
- Proven experience of designing/implementing highly resilient infrastructure platforms
- Knowledge of operating systems - Windows/Linux
- Experience of databases – MSSQL/Oracle
- Security – Active Directory, Certificates, Encryption
It would also be beneficial if you have knowledge of
- Cloud technologies – AWS/Azure
- Regulatory environments such as PCI and GDPR
- Working with 3rd parties / suppliers
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also give our employees the option to ‘buy’ up to an extra 10 days holiday.
- Car allowance of £4,656 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special. What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, Nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.