Senior Technology Risk Partner
Senior Technology Risk Partner
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Paying up to £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00824
- Closing Date: 26 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We are looking for a Senior Technology Risk & Control Partner paying up to £73,436 + a car allowance of £4,656 per annum.
The recently established Chief Controls Office (CCO) is looking for Senior Technology Risk & Control Partners to join the team. This new capability will provide risk and control expertise to support Nationwide with its digital and technology transformation, and to support Nationwide Technology in its mission to power the Society to meet member needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for ambitious, energetic and experienced individuals to be part of this new team and deliver technology risk and control partnering activities. At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Technology Risk & Controls Partner you’ll be providing technology risk and controls expertise to deliver risk assessments, controls remediation and risk monitoring activities.
You will be seen by your stakeholders as a trusted partner in a ‘high support and high challenge relationship’ which will require collaboration with members of Nationwide Technology and other specialist risk & controls teams in delivering these services.
You’ll use your solid understanding of technology risk management and control frameworks, supported by communication skills, to:
• Conduct technology risk assessments (inc. RCSAs, scenario analysis, operational risk in change)
• Participate in workshops to enable the identification, assessment, management, and reporting of key technology risks and control related issues
• Check and challenge the design and operation of technology controls
• Support the maintenance and reporting of the technology risk profile at an operational and technical level
• Deliver technology risk and controls advice, challenge and support to stakeholders
• Work alongside other specialist risk and control partners to assess the business impact of technology risks
• Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth industry and technical expertise in areas of technology risk
You’ll need to be pragmatic, be able to work collaboratively, and be able to adapt to a challenging and changing technology environment.
• Proven understanding of the risks arising from technology, digital and cloud
• Demonstrable experience in technology risk management, controls assessment and risk reporting in complex technology environments
• Subject matter expertise within particular technology domains (e.g. architecture, service delivery, cloud etc.)
• Experience as a technology risk practitioner or an IT auditor with strong knowledge of technology risk and control frameworks (e.g. ITIL, COBIT)
• Excellent verbal and written communication, relationship management and influencing skills It's not essential but it would be nice if you have:
• Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the current regulatory environment and developments impacting the financial services sector from a digital and technology perspective
• Practical experience of embedding controls in technology solution design, delivery and operations, and as part of Agile / DevOps ways of working
• In depth understanding of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP), containerisation technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift) and DevOps tools (Azure DevOps, GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, Ansible, etc.)
• Possess an industry recognised technology risk qualification such as CISM, CISA, or CRISC
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
Why work at Nationwide? We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special. What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members.
We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application