Pega Senior System Architect
Pega Senior System Architect
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00860
- Closing Date: 24 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
The Business Automation & Workflow team are charged with implementing PEGA as the strategic BPM tool of choice within the Society, looking to both replace legacy BPM platforms and enhance customer journeys: reducing SLAs for members, improving the roles of our front and back office colleagues and getting more work right first time.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
As a Pega Senior Systems Architect in Nationwide you will be at the helping to drive forward the Society’s technical strategy for PEGA. The candidate must have a strong background in optimising business systems and processes through use of Pega. We will draw upon your experience to support development of our many varied applications, where you will be expected to use your experience to challenging designs and ensure we always achieve the best option.
You'll work across business areas to elicit and document technical requirements using industry best practices in facilitation, documentation and management of requirements, leveraging industry standard tools.
You will be building solutions in agile teams which maximise business value are performant under business pressure, scalable for future growth and are delivered efficiently using industry standard DevOps techniques.
We will support your Pega development within the team and expect that you also help to develop the wider team, building our PEGA capability as our systems grow. You will support their development either directly through mentoring or input to training and other growth programmes.
- You will be able to manage your time and prioritise tasks effectively, effectively identifying important tasks or tasks which are dependencies for others
- You've delivered across a range of Pega related projects, such as rollouts and upgrades across different streams (v7.x and 8.x)
- You will have good stakeholder management skills and be comfortable communicating with peers and across the business
- You hold a PEGA Certified Senior System Architect certification
- Understanding of the layer cake approach to system design
- Agile / SCRUM experience
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills with the ability to adapt to diverse target audiences
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will come back to you.