DevOps Toolchain Architect
DevOps Toolchain Architect
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00872
- Closing Date: 24 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
You provide guidance and support to the delivery teams building the CICD Platform (toolchains) and those consuming it, responsible for defining and implementing CICD strategy & Architecture. Your primary focus will be extending the platform to enable the consumers to deliver directly into Service with the automation of and embedding of operational requirements.
This team is part of the CICD Platform Product Stream. CICD brings together critical aspects that enable DevOps adoption, including (but not limited to):
- Repository Management – Lifecycle security and management of binaries and code
- Continuous Integration – Integrate, build and test software delivery
- Continuous Delivery – Automate and secure infrastructure, automate application delivery, optimise operations
The role will be focused on delivering the architecture that underpins DevOps, enabling the delivery of CICD tooling and practices. You will be responsible for architecting comprehensive and efficient solutions that facilitate the delivery of software solutions, both application and infrastructure.
Nationwide is dedicated to delivering change that is cost-effective, future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives. The evolving technology landscape and pace of change continues to drive more emphasise onto the solutions that underpin the delivery and running of services.
What you’ll be doing
- You will lead the end to end architecture for a variety of products and projects on behalf of the Architecture function and acting as a part of a design authority to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, implementable, complete, and meet the current and future needs of the business.
- You will work closely with other Architects within the team, as well as Architects and Engineers in other areas of the business, to understand and deliver the agreed strategic outcomes for the Society’s Solution Architecture.
- Working with the Senior Architects you will help to define, deliver and maintain the IT strategy and architecture for the CICD Platform, and provide education, advice and guidance to internal resources and to 3rd party suppliers.
- You’ll work with senior architects to set the strategic technology direction, create architectural patterns / standards, and contribute to solution architecture & governance of architecture / design.
- You’ll collaborate with current & potential vendors to ensure we understand their product capabilities & roadmap.
You’ll collaborate with engineering, delivery & operational teams to ensure you’re guided by a deep understanding of their challenges and that the Society’s strategy & architecture are well understood.
- CI/CD solution pipelines and developer centric tooling
- have applied experience of Solution Architecture within a Tier 1 financial services organisation or similar large organisation
- have a proven track record of implementing toolchain/pipeline as a consumable product
- be an excellent verbal and written communicator with a proven track record of senior stakeholder engagement, influencing both business and technical stakeholders
- have experience of developing and implementing architectural roadmaps
- be able to work closely with non-technical stakeholders to support the shaping and creation of requirements and designs; and have the ability to communicate technical issues and constraints to non-technical colleagues.
It would be nice if you also have experience of:
- Agile methodologies especially developing architecture in agile environments
- IT Service Management, with a good understanding of cloud best practices
- IT Operations Management, and how you can leverage best practices for cloud operations
- CMDB and the challenges this brings with ephemeral cloud-based services
- Monitoring, Management, Remediation, AIOps
- Zero-touch deployments, including catalogues, orchestration and Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience/understanding of tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform and Harness
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application. If it’s already been defined please provide an overview of the assessment process and a timeline of when assessments will be.