Solution Architect – Pega and Automation
Solution Architect – Pega and Automation
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00873
- Closing Date: 24 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
You’ll be part of a small and highly skilled multi-disciplinary team working to develop our automation strategy and drive the adoption of our chosen automation platform. You’ll be thinking about how we can evolve, simplify, and consolidate our sales and servicing technology landscape to better serve our members needs both today and tomorrow. You’ll play an important part in developing our vision to help us achieve our desired business outcomes.
Nationwide is investing in the Pega automation platform to modernise and innovate our sales and servicing processes to meet the needs of our members. As a result, we’re embarking on a new chapter in our architectural thinking, looking at how Pega and other automation platforms work with our chosen strategic technologies; Apache Kafka and stream processing, Microservices, Service Mesh and Hybrid Cloud, for example.
To build this vision, we’re looking to recruit an Architect experienced in Pega Systems, with a proven track record working on large and complex deliveries. Having the skills needed to turn strategies into real-world, deliverable architectures. Ideally you will have experience in and passion for other modern technologies and methods, Cloud, Microsoft Power Platform, Event Driven Architecture, Platform as a Product.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team developing the vision, roadmaps, transition states, establishing new architectural patterns and developing end-to-end solutions to realise the business outcomes required. Your role will require you to work across traditional Enterprise and Solution Architecture domains.
You will be engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders, vendors, and partners, in addition to key programmes and projects to provide oversight, direction and expertise, and to maintain alignment with the target architecture. You will drive the integrity of the links between key systems which will be fundamental to deliver simplification and modernisation of our automation technology landscape.
Able to lead by example and not afraid to get your hands dirty to achieve the best result for Nationwide. You’ll need to be good with people and be able to ask the right questions. You’ll need to find the options that are open to them and get the information across in a way they understand.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- have applied experience of Solution Architecture within large organisations
- have solid experience and deep understanding of the Pega platform
- have experience of prioritising and responding to business and technology strategies
- have experience of developing and implementing technology roadmaps
- be an excellent verbal and written communicator with a proven track record of senior stakeholder engagement, influencing both business and technical stakeholders
- have experience of Agile methodologies especially developing architecture in agile environments
It would be nice if you also had:
- Proven knowledge and experience of working with other automation and Cloud technologies
- Experience of Cloud and On-Premises platform integration
- Experience of modern application design patterns
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application. If it’s already been defined please provide an overview of the assessment process and a timeline of when assessments will be.