Architect - Security
Architect - Security
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00882
- Closing Date: 24 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
As a Security Solution Architect within Nationwide Building Society, you will be a credible individual who is armed with widespread security architecture knowledge and skills, including previous hands-on experience. Ideally, you will also have some experience in AWS and Azure, security – though this isn’t mandatory.
You will have strong communications and influencing skills (including written skills) and stakeholder management experience (project, internal and external stakeholders).
You will also have the drive to develop both yourself and your colleagues, as well as helping to evolve security architecture within Nationwide.
What you’ll be doing
You will be empowered to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders, vendors and partners, in addition to key programmes and projects to provide clarity, oversight and direction, and maintain alignment with the target architecture. At the forefront of Nationwide’s technology and services delivery you will proactively identify any emergent technologies, threats and risks. Based on these findings you will assist in providing an architecture to encompass these and ensure that Nationwide remains at the forefront of financial services and security.
You will specifically:
- Work closely with other architects to understand and deliver the agreed strategic outcomes for the security architecture function.
- Ensure solution architecture integrity throughout the change lifecycle on projects and programmes.
- Ensure that all solutions are fit for purpose, implementable, complete and align with maturing security strategies and standards.
- Support our digital transformation agenda with technical and business savvy consultancy.
- Support our procurement process to identify and evaluate suppliers and future partners
- Work closely with our suppliers / partners to support the development of solutions and to help inform the ongoing development of our security roadmap.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying enterprise-scale security solutions with exposure to multiple software vendors and technology platforms.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and security architecture concepts.
- A broad understanding of the threat landscape that most modern organisations must defend against.
- A strong understanding of security architecture best practices, existing and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of professional software development life-cycle practices: including coding standards, code reviews, DevSecOps, etc.
- Be capable of working cross-functionally to collaboratively build cohesive, deliverable and manageable solutions; proactively identifying and resolving issues independently.
- A thirst for knowledge, technology, innovation and continual improvement.
- Great communications skills (presentations, written, oral) which includes being able to translate complex technical topics into simpler concepts to cater for the target audience.
It would be nice if you also have practical knowledge in the following:
- Demonstrated experience of Cloud Security, Multi-factor authentication, SIEM, DDoS, NAC, Identity and Access Management, Data Loss Prevention, Anti-malware, email security, CASB, Host Security, EDR, etc.
- Threat modelling, security control identification and vulnerability assessment.
- Proven experience with driving product evaluations and performing RFI / RFP selection as a solution architect
Experience delivering security solutions such as designing, planning and implementing data tokenization, encryption, key management, etc.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.