- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: From £50,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00886
- Closing Date: 31 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
You will also support our Test engineering transformation: embedding test solutions which ensure the Society has built the right products & services to the right quality, evidencing the change delivers the agreed outcomes. We also need someone confident with the latest technology, an aptitude to learn fast, and who enjoys working collaboratively and in a fast paced team.
This role will provide the opportunity to work with some cutting-edge technologies and industry leading vendors. For us, it’s not just about having the right technical background, you want people who have an open mind, work collaboratively and are driven to learn and succeed.
Nationwide is committed to the redeployment of our employees impacted by change, as such applications for redeployment candidates will be prioritised in this recruitment process.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Joining the Engineering Centre of Excellence, you will work within one of our missions and work in a development team.
There you will be responsible for the creation and delivery of test outcomes using testing solutions aligned to proven patterns. Working in your development team you will adopt good practice and automation in the testing of both strategic IT initiatives and smaller deliveries enabling decisions to be made with confidence and at pace.
We need someone with expertise including:
- Structured test techniques to derive appropriate test coverage and drive efficiency in test.
- Functional or Non-functional testingand component testing.
- Understanding the building blocks of a design ecosystem to ensure appropriate test strategies are applied.
- Awareness of front-end accessibility best practices and front-end testing considerations and good experience of using accessibility testing tools.
- Experience of working in collaborative and agile teams.
- Production of test evidence and associated artefacts to support quality.
Technical expertise including:
- Coding ability to support the creation and maintenance of automation frameworks.
- Tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, SOAP UI/Ready API, BrowserStack, JIRA, GIT, WebDriverIO, DevOps pipelines.
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Good verbal and written communication.
- The ability to consider the business impact of technical changes to support risk assessments.
You might also have:
- Understanding of DevOps principles, practices and tools such as:
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment pipelines.
- Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Kubernetes.
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Behaviour and Feature Driven Development (BDD, FDD)
- Testing experience of Microservices/API platforms, testing components in isolation
- Compatibility testing: Multi browser and device testing
- Appropriate certification in test methods and practices e.g. ISTQB/ISEB, CAT, Practitioner in Agile Quality
The extras you’ll get
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25days holiday pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.