Senior Network Engineer - IT Support
Senior Network Engineer - IT Support
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00887
- Closing Date: 31 October 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re no strangers to being at the forefront of technological breakthroughs – first in the UK to launch internet banking, joint first with Apple pay, Cisco leading-edge technology in our branches.
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members…
We are looking for a highly experienced senior network engineer with solid networking background to technically lead and inspire a rapidly expanding access technologies networking team.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will be reporting to the Senior Manager responsible for Network IT Support, running our Access Technologies Networking Team, providing hands on coaching and leadership for your area. You will have L3 responsibility for all the Networking technologies in our UK based Campus sites and Branch locations, as well being accountable for our WLAN/Wi-Fi and Collaboration technologies.
You will be responsible for platform lifecycle management, ensuring the products in your area are appropriately patched for T&V, bugs, feature requirements etc. You will be accountable for the Acceptance Into Service process for Networks. Ensuring what is delivered and deployed, meets agreed standards.
Your goal is to proactively prevent incidents occurring, as well as finding or managing problems for RCA. You will have a small but highly skilled team working for you, complemented by outsourced resources (both on and offshore). Governance is also an important part of this role and you will need to be comfortable to both perform reviews and being audited yourself.
We are looking for staff who have an innovative approach to networking, adopting and advocating automation to configure and manage the devices for which you are responsible. This person needs to not settle for as is but, reach and challenge both design and processes.
As a minimum you’ll:
- Have at least 10 years’ experience in networking with at least 5 specialising in Cisco campus, branch, wireless and collaboration technologies
- Worked for a large enterprise with experience in support, design and architecture as well as working with on and offshore partners.
- Be an approachable team leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
- CCNP or CCIE qualification
- Cisco IOS, XE and XR devices
- Cisco SDA
- Cisco Wi-Fi
- Cisco Voice and Collaboration Technologies
- Microfocus NOM Suite, Skybox, Stealthwatch, Splunk
- Linux System Management, Python Scripting and Ansible.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are?
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role?
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.