Lead Automation Test Engineer - Java or C#
Lead Automation Test Engineer - Java or C#
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00929
- Closing Date: 12 December 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We are looking for excellent Automation Test Engineers with Java based framework experience. Any knowledge of C# would also be beneficial. The role is based anywhere in the UK. To work on our Banking App and Internet Bank developments.
We need great people to help us in test engineering transformation: embedding test solutions which ensure the Society has built the right products & services to the right quality, evidencing the change delivers the agreed outcomes.
This role will provide the opportunity to work with some cutting-edge technologies and industry leading vendors. For us, it’s not just about having the right technical background, people who have an open mind, work collaboratively and are driven to learn and succeed. You want the opportunity to work on large scale customer facing systems, contributing, and driving our test and test automation strategy through to its implementation.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Joining the Engineering Centre of Excellence, you will work within one of our missions and support Test Engineers working in development teams.
You will be responsible for the creation and delivery of test outcomes, setting out testing solutions aligned to proven patterns; working closely with senior engineers to create the right test approaches and frameworks for the test engineers to follow
You will help test engineers to adopt good practice and automation in the testing of both strategic IT initiatives and smaller deliveries enabling decisions to be made with confidence and at pace.
We are looking for a Senior Test Engineer with strong Java skills, and ideally C# skills who will work with a community of multi skilled teams who create and execute testing solutions including automation frameworks.
We need someone with expertise including:
- Structured test techniques to derive appropriate test coverage and drive efficiency in test
- Functional or Non-functional testing
- Appropriate certification in test methods and practices e.g. ISTQB/ISEB, CAT, Practitioner in Agile Quality
- Understanding appropriate test approaches for various system topologies such as Cloud, client server, mainframe, event driven architectures.
- Technical leadership and organisational skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills with excellent verbal and written communication
- Deep test experience with the ability to inspire test engineers
- Proven ability to be accountable for test engineering decisions within a technical environment
- The ability to quantify measures of success in a language that makes sense to stakeholders
- Proven thought leadership to influence the strategy for engineering to challenge and inform the approach for testable solutions
- Management of and engagement with our Test partners and 3rd party suppliers
- Technical expertise including:
- Coding ability to define and support the creation and maintenance of automation frameworks
- Tools such as Selenium, SOAP UI/Ready API, Browserstack, ARD, JIRA, TFS, GIT, Cucumber
You might also have:
- DevOps principles, practices and tools such as
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Behaviour and Feature Driven Development (BDD, FDD)
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Testing experience of Microservices/API platforms
- Multi browser and device testing
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
• Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
• Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
• Annual performance related bonus scheme
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came togetherto help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for theirfutures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities,and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part ofsomething a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for eachother and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciatedwhen their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed tocreating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differencesand identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace whereyou can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered tocontribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of you