Engineer – IAM Build Team Lead
Engineer – IAM Build Team Lead
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00939
- Closing Date: 27 January 2022
We are seeking a new lead for the Identity Access Management (IAM) Build Team. As Build Lead you will work closely with the team to integrate applications with the SailPoint Identity IQ (IIQ) platform and support future platform development and maintenance. You will work within Security Transformation continuing the introduction of agile working practices and strengthening our internal capabilities.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
SailPoint IIQ is an industry standard package used to manage access to Nationwide’s application estate.
As an experienced industry professional you will use your knowledge and experience to lead, support and develop a team of engineers to create a strong platform support and development capability.
You will be working in an agile environment, providing task leadership and clear direction across a range of access management initiatives to secure Nationwide’s applications.
You will work with Nationwide’s Architects and Engineers, SailPoint Professional Services and Partner resources to support scheduled releases. You will use robust engineering techniques and communicate technical knowledge in an accessible way.
We are looking for proven team leaders with experience of all aspects of the development lifecycle and the ability to:
- Build and lead a unified team of developers
- Mentor & support junior team members
- Provide architectural support and guidance
- Guide, review and approve the high level and technical design of IAM solutions
- Perform code reviews and lead quality assurance activities
- Manage & create Backlogs in JIRA
- Conduct agile ceremonies, e.g., Sprint Planning, Scrums and Retrospectives
- Contribute to the development and implementation of SailPoint IIQ processes and functions
- Contribute to the development of SSIS packages & database related objects
- Plan and coordinate activities with other internal teams, infrastructure, testing, vendors and build partners
- Take responsibility for the creation and maintenance of appropriate documentation/source code within the defined framework
- Participate and support with audit events and provide any necessary evidence for any audit queries
- Work with the Release team to support production releases
- Provide post implementation support
You will have:
- Knowledge of REST API development
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Excellent knowledge and capability in EXCEL
- Proven experience of leading a team
And the ability to:
- Provide task leadership and direction for Access Management initiatives
- Provide clear guidance on technical and design options to senior technical and business stakeholders
- Provide clear guidance to junior colleagues and other technical stakeholders in a timely and informative manner
- Multi-task and manage/support work across multiple work-streams
- Analyse problems and present solutions clearly and concisely to senior stakeholder and design bodies
- Create a positive and supportive environment for fellow team members
- Be resilient to a changing environment and adapt to project demands
- Build trust with senior stakeholders through the quality of your work and timeliness of delivery
It will be advantageous to have:
- Knowledge of Identity Access Management processes and functions or previous experience with SailPoint IIQ.
- Hands-on experience of developing LCM workflows, connectors, config events, scheduled tasks
- General banking domain knowledge
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.