IT Configuration Analyst
IT Configuration Analyst
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00944
- Closing Date: 17 December 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We are recruiting for an IT Configuration Analyst to join the IT Service Configuration Management team on a full-time basis.
The Configuration Management team manages the data that underpins many of our IT processes, helping us to provide a comprehensive understanding of Nationwide’s complex technology and service landscape. Most critically it enables us to establish the impact of changes to our IT environment, helping to ensure that we make sound business decisions.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
As a member of the IT Service Configuration Management team you will:
- Work with change initiatives to ensure that new/changed systems are accurately represented within the CMDB.
- Ensure the accuracy of IT Service Models through delivery of verification and audit activities
- Maintain and manage all aspects of CMDB data
- Assist in the day to day delivery of the Configuration Management service
- Provide reporting against the data
- Increase awareness of Configuration Management process and provide training where needed
- Provide sound and expert knowledge and advice relating to the toolset and its usage
- Have knowledge of Configuration Management process and practices
- Have experience of analysing, maintaining and governing complex data
- Have a good general understanding of IT infrastructure and Applications
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have knowledge of the ITIL framework, ideally holding the ITIL Foundation qualification
- Have strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Be highly proactive and motivated
- Be able to work at pace to a consistently high standard
It would be nice if you:
- Are familiar with the ServiceNow toolset (including ServiceNow Discovery, Service Mapping)
- Have knowledge of other ITIL practices, including Asset Management, Change Management, and Incident Management.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of the configuration of IT services
- Can demonstrate knowledge of core business systems and business processes
- Are familiar with Cloud based solutions
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.