- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00990
- Closing Date: 13 December 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible and part-time working approaches for this role
Working in a small team, you’ll be supporting the Consultant in maintaining the governance processes surrounding Cryptographic Certificates & Keys, providing operational security advice and insight.
As a Senior Analyst, you’ll be expected understand the bigger changes within Nationwide and support the Certificate and Key Management aspects of this, delivering security activity and governing cryptographic processes in an effective and efficient way.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Our mission in the Security & Resilience is: “with our colleagues, to make sure services, money and data are available and secure at all times” and we are privileged to work in an organisation where security and privacy is right at the heart of the relationship we have with our Members.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Analyst in the Certificate & Key Management team, you will play a key role in helping to protect the Society and our Members. You will be supporting the Consultant in maintaining our governance processes.
This includes issuing new Certificates, supporting Hardware Security Module (HSM) Key Management activities, running Certificate discovery scans and monitoring renewals with stakeholders across the business, ensuring we remain within risk appetite.
You’ll also be looking to continually improve and develop processes within the Certificate & Key Management team.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
- Have an understanding of Cryptography principles and components, including Certificates and Keys.
- Have a good understanding of security risk, security controls, security operations and practices.
- Have a background in either Security or IT.
- Be able to communicate security issues and constraints to non-technical colleagues.
- Have excellent planning, communication and organisational skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
- CISMP/Security+ certification or equivalent experience.
- A financial services background.
- Proven experience and expertise in Certificate & Key Management governance controls.
- Working knowledge of Hardware Security Management (HSM) Key Management principles.
- Working knowledge of PCI-DSS, PCI-PIN, LINK & Faster Payments compliance standards.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.