- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR00995
- Closing Date: 13 December 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
It’s easy to misunderstand what Nationwide is like. Why? Because we’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies either. As a Software Engineer here, you’ll sit within a growing delivery team optimising user and member experience, working at the heart of our IT estate supporting our Financial Crime and Risk applications.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You. We hope, anyway. We are looking for Software Engineers with experience in application design and development - leading solutions across our Anti-Money Laundering and Risk Systems portfolio. As we upgrade our legacy infrastructure, re-develop and enhance applications, you will be part of a team driving forward technical excellence and helping to shaping the future landscape.
You should have demonstrable experience in aspects of…
- Development in a Windows or Cloud Environment using C#, .Net Core, both MS SQL and NoSQL databases and reporting, ETL processes
- Full appreciation of Software Development Lifecycles and knowledge of Agile and DevOps
- Functional & Technical Design
- Performance and resilience related architecture and design activities
- Engineering of IT solutions to meet Business requirements
- Live incident support
- Experience of working in multi-tier IT architectures
- Strong stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
- Have experience in task management & mentoring team members
- The ability to quickly understanding problems and provide root cause analysis and resolution
You will be involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, thinking end to end. You will be collaborating with engineers to deliver both technical and design outcomes as well as collaborating across other technical delivery and support areas, providing advice and consultancy.
- Engagement with programmes & projects to provide expert input into all aspects of the lifecycle, from early life through to production support
- Responsible for Detailed Functional & Technical Design
- Engineering of Software solutions, including design & code reviews
- Understanding the business impact of technical problems and be comfortable making risk assessments
- Proactively contributing to the evolution of Software Engineering within Nationwide
The extras you’ll get
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re different from other financial service providers. We’re a building society, owned by our members. And for over 130 years, we’ve supported those members to make the most of their money and achieve what they want from life.
That’s reflected in the way we work here at Nationwide. We come together to make sure we’re doing things in the best way possible, both for each other and for our members. If you join us, you’ll be part of that. You’ll be able to help us build something really quite special. And you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference.
On top of that, we always want you to be yourself. To use your skills and experience to make our Society stronger. To feel valued for who you are, not just what you do. Because here at Nationwide, we understand that we can do more together than we ever could alone.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.