Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Location(s): UK Wide, The Post Building (London)
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR01000
- Closing Date: 08 December 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re the Home Propositions team! A passionate group of just over 40 (and growing) experts across various disciplines, on a mission to improve the rental market.
We have a real sense of purpose – to improve the lives of renters and landlords by building digital products that help everyone. We support our products with a range of engagement activities with the Government and wider market.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who has the passion and skill to work across our various product lines within our exciting business. We’ve got a pretty impressive team on board already, so you’ll be working with some of the best within a collaborative and thriving environment.
Life has had a shake up recently, and how we work is changing to reflect that. We’re big supporters of flexibility, so for much of the week we’ll leave it up to you to decide where you choose to work. It could be amongst your home comforts, in your local coffee shop or at our fab new office in Holborn, Central London.
We like to hold sprint meetings one day a week at our London office. We’ve found these are most effective to do in one collaborative space together. If you live considerably further afield then we can chat about the best way to achieve this.
There’s a real start-up vibe in Home Propositions and our environment is collaborative and thriving. We’re a hard-working, friendly bunch from all backgrounds. There are regular virtual and physical socials - opportunities to unwind after busy days. We also love to come together to celebrate milestone events, product launches and other successes we have as a group.
We’re a small but very crucial part of Nationwide Building Society. This is a unique set up which provides us with the stability that many other start-ups lack. If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
We’re moving fast in the Home Propositions team to get prototypes, concepts and apps live, so we're looking for an Senior DevOps Engineer who is responsible for the CI/CD process, to deliver team objectives that are aligned to engineering principles and the architectural strategy.
This is a unique opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join a highly skilled, cross-functional team.
The role is perfect for those who:
- Are comfortable establishing the foundations for others to build on, with the opportunity to influence technology choices and future direction
- Are passionate about solving DevOps problems, building real-time pipelines and working with CI/CD technology such as Jenkins, Terraform, GitHub, ArgoCD and others
- Can adopt the principles of SRE, and describe how this enables a truly resilient and scalable service
- Have experience of adopting Agile methodologies in the way you work.
- Are meticulous with designs and documentation
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- You understand and have experience of building DevOps tooling solutions and CI/CD pipelines using technologies like GitHub, Jenkins, Terraform, ArgoCD and others
- Have experience of building and automating systems on cloud platforms, preferably AWS, and containerisation technologies like Kubernetes (e.g. EKS)
- Be a technical innovator with a curious mindset and a thirst for knowledge and be able to demonstrate a drive for continual improvement
- Engage with and articulate your decisions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.