Senior Software Engineer - E3
Senior Software Engineer - E3
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR01022
- Closing Date: 01 February 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Working within The Mortgages Team, we’re looking for someone to help provide technical direction and leadership to a team of engineers that will design, build and support new digital journeys, hosted in the Cloud.
We aim to utilise the latest technology and techniques to build re-usable, user-driven and scalable platforms and solutions that provide an outstanding experience to our customers. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team, working in a flexible and relaxed environment.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be helping define the technical architecture / stack and approach to delivering a new Cloud hosted mortgage channel for our business.
As someone who collaborates well with others and can lead by example, you’ll log issues as they are discovered and take end-to-end ownership for developing and implementing solutions. You’ll also nurture and develop contacts and relationships to enable things to be done faster and more efficiently. Essentially, it’s about getting stuck in and having a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
We are looking for someone who has experience of:
- Researching a range of different options to solve a problem and the ability to articulate the justification for the selection
- Using a range of tools and techniques to effectively convey a solution at a range of different levels, and to different audiences
- Designing and developing full stack solutions, with a good understanding of development best practice and patterns
- Working with a variety of Microsoft stack technology (C#.Net, Core, SQL Server etc.)
- Developing modern responsive web applications, with hands-on experience of a range of different frameworks and tools (e.g. Bootstrap, React / Vue / Angular, Next, TypeScript etc.)
- RESTFul API design, development and hosting
- Using containerisation technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift
- DevOps automation and associated tooling (e.g. Jenkins)
- Designing, developing, testing and deployment of software into a public cloud environment (e.g AWS or Azure)
It would also be advantageous if you have experience of:
- Test automation tooling (e.g. Selenium and Fortify)
- “Infrastructure-As-Code” processes, practices and tooling (e.g. Terraform and Ansible)
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re different from other financial service providers. We’re a building society, owned by our members. And for over 130 years, we’ve supported those members to make the most of their money and achieve what they want from life.
That’s reflected in the way we work here at Nationwide. We come together to make sure we’re doing things in the best way possible, both for each other and for our members. If you join us, you’ll be part of that. You’ll be able to help us build something really quite special. And you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference.
On top of that, we always want you to be yourself. To use your skills and experience to make our Society stronger. To feel valued for who you are, not just what you do. Because here at Nationwide, we understand that we can do more together than we ever could alone.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.