Unisys Mainframe Engineer
Unisys Mainframe Engineer
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: From £42,380
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR01037
- Closing Date: 28 January 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
At Nationwide we put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
We’re looking for a Unisys mainframe engineer who has experience of supporting Unisys OS2200 ClearPath, ideally this will include experience in the financial services industry. You will have a good knowledge of maintaining and implementing changes in a Unisys OS2200 estate and ideally have experience of tools such as Operations Sentinel, Sightline and OpCon/XPS.
You will be ensuring that our systems are always stable, available, up to date and running as effectively and efficiently as possible. You’ll also be a subject matter expert, advising other teams and providing technical guidance to stakeholders at all levels.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You will be part of a team responsible for resolving complex IT incidents on the mainframe platform, minimising the impact to critical business and customer facing services. You will be involved in service restoration activities during major incidents, supporting the management team as required. You will also be involved in root cause investigations and development (and implementation) of corrective actions to prevent repeat occurrences.
You will be involved in proactive support and service improvement work: maintaining the platform and ensuring it is run securely and efficiently. You will be responsible for the delivery of business and infrastructure changes to the platform.
After a qualifying period, you will be expected to take part in an on-call support rota of approximately one week in four.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Able to build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a team environment or on own initiative.
You will have experience of:
- Supporting Unisys OS2200 ClearPath
- Maintaining and implementing changes in a Unisys OS2200 estate
- Working with projects to provide technical guidance and extract requirements
- Producing technical documentation, including designs
- Translating complex technical issues into straight forward jargon free terminology
- Working with external partners
Some experience of the following would be an advantage:
- Operations Sentinel
- TIP, LINC, IRU, FAS, COMMS, SSG, AMS and DLm
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
• Your values, and what makes you who you are
• How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.