Microsoft 365 Engineer (Power Platform and Viva)
Microsoft 365 Engineer (Power Platform and Viva)
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Circa £47,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR01045
- Closing Date: 30 January 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
As a Microsoft 365 Engineer, you will be working in AGILE teams, which provides design, build, test and non-production support services for the IT transformation delivery teams. You will use your technical expertise to create technical artefacts, enabling high quality technical solutions to be delivered at pace.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
This role is within the Shared Technology Platform community which is responsible for managing the full lifecycle of our technology platforms that can be consumed by our teams in the missions and communities, from strategy and architecture through development to IT run.
Your success isn’t based on how long you spend at your desk. You’ll have contracted hours, but we’re always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
Nationwide is committed to the redeployment of our employees impacted by change, as such applications for redeployment candidates will be prioritised in this recruitment process.
What you’ll be doing
You will be working as part AGILE delivery team, where you will work collaboratively with others to build the best solution for Nationwide, in the high change area of Technology for Colleagues. Using your team leadership skills and SME knowledge, you will offer advice/consultancy and help drive continuous improvements and promote best practice through your actions, behaviours, and mentoring. You will also be instrumental in the technical knowledge growth of the Engineering team around you.
You’ll be using your team leadership skills and SME knowledge to work with stakeholder/peers to understand and influence how the technical deliverables coincide with activities outside and within the team and where required provide solutions to align with engineering principles and the architectural strategy.
You may be required to work on call from time to time.
- Have a good knowledge & experience of the following:
- Microsoft 365 - across Office apps, Teams, SharePoint, etc.
- Microsoft Power Platform Administration – Power Apps, Power Automate
- Viva Insights, Workspace Analytics Management, and configuration
- Demonstrate an automation first principal and mindset.
- Be comfortable working across multiple projects and immersing yourself in a team.
- Capability to write technical in-depth designs and present solutions to wider audience.
- Build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism.
- Have the ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Be ready to share your expertise with our emerging talent
knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Azure Active Directory Identity Management Principals.
- Network Routing and Switching Knowledge
- Power BI and MS Graph API
- Video conferencing using Teams Meeting Rooms and SurfaceHubs
- Code Repositories such as TFS or GitHub and Source Code Management
- Technical and functional knowledge of Power Platform functionality at an enterprise level
- Have experience in building automation and solutions within Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Experience with Viva Insights, Workspace Analytics
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.