Data Privacy Senior Analyst
Data Privacy Senior Analyst
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00TR01073
- Closing Date: 31 January 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We are currently seeking a motivated professional to join our Data Privacy team. You will be supporting the wider organisation, providing pragmatic guidance and advice to the business on compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
This is a great opportunity to widen your experience of and exposure to all levels of the organisation, working to make sure compliance with Data Protection legislation is maintained and understood.
You’ll be working closely with other Security teams, answering queries, supporting new projects and initiatives alongside completing relevant governance documentation such as Legitimate Interests Assessments and Data Protection Impact Assessments.
As a minimum you’ll:
- Have a good working knowledge of the GDPR and the DPA 2018 and it’s practical application
- Experience of working within a Data Privacy function
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be motivated and passionate about your subject
- Have the ability to meet challenging deadlines to a high standard
- Be an excellent team player and able to work on own initiative.
It would be nice if you had a relevant Data Protection qualification
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.