Senior Network Assurance and Implementation Engineer (E3)
Senior Network Assurance and Implementation Engineer (E3)
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR01120
- Closing Date: 12 February 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
We’re no strangers to being at the forefront of technological breakthroughs – first in the UK to launch internet banking, joint first with Apple pay, Cisco leading-edge technology in our branches. Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members… We are looking for a highly experienced Senior Network Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team. Working proactively with Projects, Network Architecture and Network Operations to collectively work through the technical and business requirements and collaboratively draft a suitable solution. You’ll work with stakeholders and peers to understand how the technical infrastructure deliverables interlock with activities within and outside of the team and where required negotiate solutions to align with engineering principles and the architectural strategy. You will create high and low-level Designs based on the decided solution and requirements. You will collaborate with the various Network Engineers across the business throughout the Project lifecycle. This includes technical leadership, oversight, assurance and consultancy. There is a requirement to peer review colleagues/partners network designs and implementation plans. Where required, you will get involved with complex network changes, this includes planning/scheduling, implementation, consultancy, assurance and troubleshooting. At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
This is a varied Network Engineering role, which includes Consultancy, Design, change, implementation and assurance.
The day-to-day responsibilities will vary subject to the projects you’re working on and the required demand. You will be working with other Network Specialists across the organisation and you will be working on multiple projects of various sizes and at different stages of the project lifecycle. As a technical engineer, you will be representing Infrastructure Engineering and we will be looking to you to drive decisions, remove blockers to drive forward solutions and act as a point of escalation for the project and report back into Infrastructure Engineering.
You will contribute the creation and ongoing maintenance of engineering principles, patterns and standards to reflect best practice and effective use within the organisation. You will be an active contributing member within the Network Community, driving improvements, change and collaboration. You will be prepared to occasionally work outside of contracted hours when required, to carry out Network Implementation changes.
As a minimum you’ll:
- Have experience of taking business requirements and convert this into HLD’s and LLD’s
- Have in depth knowledge & experience of routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP and switching
- Have in depth knowledge & experience of firewalls including support and configuration
- Have in depth knowledge & experience of Prevent, Protect, Cyber, plus network protocols and methodologies such as SSL, VPN, Load Balancing, DNS, Traffic Flow Mapping
- Track record of building good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders
- Have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience in Network Assurance and Governance
- Technical Leadership experience
- Experience in creating and reviewing implementation designs
- Experience in carrying out complex network changes
- The ability to explain complex technical information, including the articulation of risks to a non-technical audience
- Experience in producing High Level and Low Level (Detailed) Designs
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Certified design professional accreditations such as CCDP or equivalent
- Experience in design and implementation on Nexus and ACI switching environments
- High level of design and implementation experience with network controls such as Cisco FTD, Juniper SRX and Bluecoat Proxy
- Agile project management methodologies
- Regulatory environments such as PCI and GDPR
- Working with 3rd parties / Suppliers
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
- London location allowance - £4,687 per annum, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application. If it’s already been defined please provide an overview of the assessment process and a timeline of when assessments will be.