Identity Access Management Engineer
Identity Access Management Engineer
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR01319
- Closing Date: 23 May 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
This role is an exciting opportunity to have real input into the development of Nationwide’s Access Management Processes. We're looking for an ambitious, energetic, and experienced cyber security professional with a proven track record of working within access management, particularly in the Financial Services sector. You'll excel when working in fast paced environments where you are responsible for maintaining high standards of operational output. You’ll also be an advocate of Access Management and its value and be passionate about it having a positive impact on operations and the business.
You'll have a strong technical understanding of access management solutions used in a large commercial organisation both on prem and in the Cloud, along with the technical know how to improve and grow the service. You’ll also be experienced in communicating your assessments to an audience across multiple levels and departments, as well as working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
We work closely with IT and the Wider business, as well as our partners and you will be central in managing, engaging and developing these relationships. As our technologies are constantly evolving, experience of delivering change and continual improvement will be key to the role.
As an IAM Engineer you will play a pivotal role in the operation and control of access management in Nationwide. Working in our Access Management team, the IAM Engineer will be a major part of day-to-day tasks involved in running a successful Access Management function across the organisation. They will also be instrumental in driving improvements to improve control and reduce risk, as well as providing Access Management consultancy to Cloud, projects, and onboarding systems into a new strategic access management tool.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
From providing Access Management services across the Nationwide Group, acting as a consultant to both strategic and tactical activities, to supporting Security Managers in team management responsibilities your expert opinion on specific access management issues to ensure appropriate and effective management of risks within Nationwide’s risk appetite, will be crucial. You will input into continual improvement activities and participate in delivering initiatives to improve processes and controls of an access management team including awareness of emerging problems, trends and risks and recommend the appropriate mitigation actions where possible.
- Detailed knowledge of Access Controls including the tools, techniques and procedures used
- Experience of Information Security and a solid IT background
- Experience of SailPoint products particularly IdentityIQ or other IAM solutions
- Experience in sharing and designing top to bottom cloud identity solutions for Access Management
- Experience in Security Governance and sharing of standards, and the patterns for use in the cloud environment
- Experience of working with Active Directory
- Awareness of Privileged Access Management principles and Cloud Solution Azure AD
- An aptitude and interest for future innovations & technologies as well a willingness to continually learn and nurture those around you
- Resilience and a highly motivated self-starter who relishes a challenge
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.