- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: From £40,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR01362
- Closing Date: 22 May 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
The Data and Analytics Community exists to provide a broad range of data products to colleagues across the Society. We require an experienced Insight Analyst to create actionable insights to deliver personalisation and increase member interactions.
As a member of our Business Intelligence Centre of Excellence, you will be part of a community of practitioners whose collective role is to enhance value through data, and colleagues in this CoE will help you to grow your capability and skills. You will be analysing our member data and associated interactions to identify opportunities to improve our member experience, increase our product conversion and optimise lead generation.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
What you’ll be doing
From a task perspective, you will be working in our Data Integration team, focussing on delivering value from opportunities identified through your insight. Working across the business using data sources such as business, digital and marketing datasets to highlight opportunities and recommendations utilising the martech ecosystem. You will also work with the business to deliver these, measuring their value and refining strategies over time.
You will apply your skills to support the understanding of customer behaviour across the customer estate and interaction channels, to improve conversion rates and member experience. You will also be pivotal in shaping the analytical warehouse needed to monitor and report on their effectiveness. Being part of a data led team, you will be expected to learn and apply skills outside of your core discipline, getting involved in business analysis, engineering of data and visualising data, to help achieve the business outcomes.
As an Insight Analyst, you will be expected to support colleagues across the BI Centre of Excellence and invest time in growing collective capability in your core area of expertise.
We’re looking for candidates that have experience within an analysis environment, with experience in financial services or retail preferred.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have knowledge in delivering actionable insights across subject areas such as CRM, digital or marketing.
- Have a good understanding of Financial Services data and how this can be used to provide personalised and value accretive opportunities.
- Experienced with SAS and/or SQL and other programming languages.
- Ability to translate complex data into easily consumable stories that drive action.
- Be curious, innovative, creative and agile, developing and championing new ideas, spotting opportunities, and learning fast along the way.
- Influential, personally resilient, with exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Have excellent communication skills and be good at building relationships across all levels.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.