Cloud Security Engineer - AWS
Cloud Security Engineer - AWS
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R00TR01445
- Closing Date: 07 June 2022
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
Are you a security engineer looking to work with diverse cutting-edge, cloud-based technologies, industry leading vendors and across different internal teams?
Do you have a proven track record in providing technical support through the design, build and implementation of complex security solutions?
Do you relish working across multiple change initiatives and immersing yourself in a team that will stretch and test you?
You will help form our Cloud Security Operations team, which provides design, build and production support for the shared security services we offer on our public cloud platforms. You will provide strong technical support, enabling technical decisions to be made with confidence and at pace.
Nationwide is undergoing a digital transformation journey; our cloud adoption is presenting opportunities for improving our overall security posture by baking security into the pipeline at the earliest point.
For us, it’s not just about having the right security background, you need to be pragmatic, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused. In line with our Built to Last cornerstone, Operational Resilience is at the very heart of this, ensuring our key services are available when our members need them. It describes our ability to prevent, respond to, recover and learn from operational disruptions in order to maintain propositions and services to members.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
As a minimum you’ll:
- A good understanding of securing public cloud technologies (particularly AWS hosted, but awareness of Azure would be beneficial).
- Have good knowledge of privileged access management, vulnerability management, secure remote access, secrets management and access control.
- Build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism
- Have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies.
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Practical, hands-on experience in cloud security technologies
- Participation in Agile ways of working
- Scheme and regulatory environments such as PCI DSS and GDPR
Working in partnership with our Cloud Ops team, you will:
- Support and continuously enhance our existing security services for Cloud.
- Provide technical support at all stages of the delivery lifecycle, including consultancy to stakeholders
- Implement technically complex designs and/or environment solutions to meet the Security control directives
- Capture and share knowledge and ensuring use of documentation within engineering teams
- Drive decisions and remove blockers to drive forward implementation of technical artefacts
In addition, you will:
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of security engineering principles, patterns and standards to reflect best practice and effective use within the organisation
- Build a network with other engineers/SMEs to understand best practice and emerging trends within engineering
- Act as an engineering advocate across Nationwide, identifying good practices to adopt and sharing experiences.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.