Change Analyst – 9 month FTC
Change Analyst – 9 month FTC
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: From £30,000
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R00TR01453
- Closing Date: 19 May 2022
The Change Analyst is responsible for the effective analysis and assessment of all IT changes to live business services, arising as a result of system enhancements or new service delivery.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
This 9 month secondment / Fixed Term Contract role is in the IT Service Management and Introduction area. We provide a valuable function to the organisation through minimising the impact of changes and change-related incidents on the business. As part of the team you will have the opportunity to help manage and guide a demanding portfolio of change ensuring that key services are protected whilst balancing the needs of enabling business growth.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a professional, customer-oriented and self-motivated individual to join the IT Change Control Team.
As part of the team you will be accountable for the ownership and management of changes relating to business projects and system platforms. This includes managing change requests, impact and risk analysis, negotiation and scheduling of IT system changes and chairing Change Advisory Board meetings.
Change Control is essentially a governance function and as such there is a high degree of responsibility for ensuring the process is appropriately followed and that exceptions are reported. You will be expected to contribute to the development and continuous improvement of departmental processes ensuring the team and process adapt to changing customer requirements.
There is an expectation that you may need to attend site where and when operational demand dictates.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer-oriented person who likes the challenge of working under their own initiative and as part of a busy team.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have strong communication, negotiation, influencing, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Have the ability to build relationships
- Be self-motivated and have a keen eye for detail
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of core business systems and business processes
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of core IT infrastructure currently in use to support those systems and processes
It would be nice if you could also:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ITIL framework to at least v3, preferably v4
- Be enthusiastic about supporting changes to our business services, while at the same time, protecting live services already in use by members
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.