Senior Treasury Analyst - SAS Analyst
This is a varied role working at the heart of Nationwide’s Finance function. You will be working on the regulatory reporting and implementation of models covering Treasury Risks and Financial Reporting as well as ensuring the systems they are built on remain future-proofed. You will build systems and reporting tools that are key to taking business decisions within the community as well as support on activities like migration of software and data governance.
It’s also a fantastic opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of both technology and risk management.
At Nationwide we offer hybrid working wherever possible. More rewarding relationships are supported through our hybrid approach, bringing colleagues together across our UK wide estate, whilst also supporting generous access to home working. We value our time in the office to solve problems, to learn, and to feel connected.
For this job you'll spend at least two days per week, or if part time you'll spend 40% of your working time, at one of our offices in Swindon or London
If your application is successful, your hiring manager will provide further details on how this works. You can also find out more about our approach to hybrid working here.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll help, develop and improve the way we report across Finance, building confidence in the reported results. You will act as a technical lead on projects, develop functionality and drive efficiency and resilience to ensure Nationwide keeps pace with a constantly changing business landscape.
You’ll work closely with the teams within Finance to support the growth and development of our business. You’ll also be working on projects and BAU which are managed in an Agile methodology as we adapt our ways of working to deliver successful change.
This role is a great way to gain exposure to Nationwide. In short, this position places you at the centre of the key drivers of our business, giving visibility of both the customer and funding elements of our business, as well as exposing you to diverse teams across both Treasury and Finance.
This role would be ideal for someone who is keen to apply their programming skills in a financial environment and likes to get a deep understanding of a problem and come up with creative but practical solutions.
As a minimum you’ll have:
- Experience in a numerical or logical field (such as Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Economics), either through study or previous employment
- Robust SAS programming expertise, including Enterprise Guide and DI Studio
- Experience working with large and complex datasets such as account or customer level information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex issues in a succinct and simple way
- A collaborative approach and the ability to engage stakeholders across the business
- A willingness and aptitude to take the initiative and proactively offer solutions to problems
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with working on project deliverables, preferably in an Agile environment
- Experience with delivering change in a reporting environment
- Base/Advanced SAS certification would be beneficial
- Experience of running ETL jobs in an operational environment
- Knowledge of other tools such as SQL, VBA or Python, data modelling to support BI tools such as Qlik
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Gympass – Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25days holiday
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up-to-date CV and answer a few quick questions for us
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.